- Verizon Watch:. // CableFAX Daily;9/25/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 185, p2
The article focuses on the issues concerning Verizon Communications Inc. The New York Public Service Commission has confirmed the video franchises of Verizon in the villages of Lynbrook and Mineola on Long Island and in Clarkstown. Meanwhile, Boxborough, Massachusetts has granted the company a...
- FiOS TV. // CableFAX Daily;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 191, p1
Reports on the efforts of Verizon Communications to expand its FiOS TV service in Texas. State-issued franchise application filed by Verizon; First community in the state to award a video franchise to Verizon.
- Verizon sports hi-def YES deal. Fleming, Daniel // Daily Variety;4/14/2009, Vol. 303 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the agreement between regional sports network YES and Verizon regarding the national distribution in high-definition (HD) of sports coverage in the U.S. It notes that the agreement means that subscribers to Fios' Extreme HD package will have access to all sports coverage...
- VERIZON ADDS FEARNET TO FIOS TV CHANNEL LINEUP. // Telephone IP News;Jan2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p5
The article announces Verizon's launch of its FEARnet television channel.
- MSNBC HD Now on FiOS TV. Spangler, Tood // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p22
The article reports that Verizon Communications Inc. has added MSNBC HD channel to its FiOS TV lineup in New York suburbs.
- VERIZON EXPANDS FIOS TV TO MORE NEW YORK CONSUMERS. // RBOC Update;Mar2007, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the expansion of the FiOS TV cable television service of Verizon in New York City. The service is expanded to the Westchester County community of Eastchester. Only the network has earned the certification of the independent Fiber to the Home Council for providing fiber to...
- ROWLEY, MASS. APPROVES VIDEO LICENSE FOR VERIZON. // RBOC Update;Jan2008, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article reports on the decision of residents of Rowley, Massachusetts to authorize Verizon to offer its FiOS TV service via a fiber-optic network. A cable franchise has been granted by the Board of Selectmen in Rowley to Verizon which paved the way for video choice for an estimated 1,800 or...
- Free HDTV Bait Lives On. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;1/28/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p50
The article reports on Verizon Communications' decision to extend its offer of a free, 19-inch liquid-crystal display high-definition television (HDTV) through February 16, 2008. The HDTV will be offered to customers in 13 states who sign a two-year contract for FiOS TV, FiOS Internet and phone...
- TELCO'S TAKE ON CABLE. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;4/4/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p6
Focuses on the launch of FiOS TV, the brand name for a video-content service being developed by telecommunication company Verizon in the U.S. in the last quarter of 2005. Services that will be offered by FiOS TV; Advantages of delivering video over Internet protocol to telecommunication...