TiVo Service Helps Customers Find Ads
- Tomorrow's TV. // CableFAX Daily;11/29/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 230, p1
The article focuses on a search engine to be launched by digital video recorder (DVR) firm TiVo and Comcast Spotlight for advertisements on DVR which is aimed at providing alternative source of profits. It would allow users to type key words to search advertisement categories. Other partners of...
- Editor's Choice. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;2/13/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p27
The article presents the author's view on the television (TV) commercial of digital video recorder (DVR) developer TiVo during Super Bowl XLVI.
- Ad-justment. Mack, Ann M. // MediaWeek;9/202004, Vol. 14 Issue 33, p24
Discusses the effects of the popularity of TiVo and other digital video recorders (DVR) on television advertising in the U.S. Statistical data on DVR ownership by households in the country; Alternatives used by several advertisers in order to reach consumers; Background on the advertising...
- PAN. // B&T Magazine;8/22/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 2672, p32
The article evaluates the television advertisement developed to promote the TiVo digital video recorder in Australia. A description of the commercial is presented. It criticizes the punchline at the end of the advertisement and the technique used in relaying the message of the advertisement.
- TiVo a problem? No, ad solution. Whitney, Daisy // Advertising Age;6/6/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 23, pS-4
Reports on the partnership between TiVo and Comcast to develop a system to insert relevant and targeted advertisements into programming that is being played back at another time. Goal of the initiative; Benefit of the partnership to Comcast; Way in which digital video recorders can make...
- Dish Marketing. // CableFAX Daily;10/10/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 196, p1
Reports on the decision of DirecTV to withdraw from an advertising deal with TiVO for the promotion of its non-TiVo digital video recorder.
- Personal touch is looming larger. Elkin, Tobi // Advertising Age;1/22/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 4, ps12
Examines the impact of digital video recorders (DVR) on the television industry. How DVRs allow consumers to personalize television viewing by digitally recording and storing programs, skipping ahead in programming and pausing live television; Mention of DVR manufacturers TiVo and ReplayTV;...
- Viewer choice drives the next generation of TV hardware. Gash, Bill // New Media Age;4/28/2005, p13
This article comments on the impact of the relationship of U.S. viewers to their digital video recorders on TV viewing and advertising. Using its Technographics panel, Forrester Research asked viewers with a digital video recorder (DVR) what features they would like in their ideal TV service....
- 4A's Execs Pause to Mull DVRs. Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;2/16/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p5
Focuses on discussions about the offering of video-on-demand and digital video recording services at the American Association of Advertising Agencies' media conference in Orlando, Florida in February 2004. Statement issued by Jim Stengel, global marketing officer for Procter & Gamble; Argument...