Family Tier Sparks Calls
- Hong Kong's new webs bring variety to pay TV. Kwong, Kevin // Variety;09/25/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 6, pM34
Looks at the implications of the entry of pay television (TV) networks in Hong Kong, China on the competition between TVB and ATV, terrestrial TV networks in Hong Kong. List of the pay TV networks that entered Hong Kong; Reasons ATV has decided to replace its primetime movie slot in its World...
- Pay TV watchdog broadens scope to VOD. // Daily Variety;3/15/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 53, p6
The article informs that television channel Blighty's Competition Commission, which is investigating the pay TV market in Great Britain, is widening its scope to include the impact of Video on Demand (VOD) providers such as Netflix and Lovefllm.
- Dispatches. Meza, Ed; Birchenough, Tom // Variety;06/21/99, Vol. 375 Issue 6, p32
Presets news briefs on television broadcasting in Europe on June 21-27, 1999. Information on Disney's sale of its 50% stake in Teutonic tyke web Super RTL to CLT/Ufa; Number of television programs to be dropped by Russia's Channel 2 pubcaster RTR to simplify its programming; Information on...
- CableCARDS. // CableFAX Daily;4/3/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 63, p2
Deals with the approval received by the multi-stream CableCARD device on March 22, 2006. Availability of CableCard devices by mid-2006 in the U.S.; Number of CableCard that were deployed by MSO since its launching in 2004.
- Ratings race. // Advertising Age;11/27/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 48, p36
The article presents a graph showing the 1995-1996 television season's ratings battle in the U.S. There was a decrease in the combined rating for the Big 4 broadcast networks from 1995 to a 41 Nielsen rating on week 9, ended November 19, 1995 of the 1995-1996 primetime season. Basic cable had...
- Cable-Station Sparring Spikes. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;1/5/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that after a 2008 full of brinksmanship and bullying between U.S. television stations and the cable operators that carry their signals, 2009 may shape up as the jittery calm before a bigger political conflict over retransmission consent. It says that more than 50% of the...
- Telepiu poised to go it alone. Vivarelli, Nick // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;02/19/2002, Vol. 372 Issue 10, p108
Focuses on implications of the acquisition of Stream by Vivendi Universal from News Corp. in Italy. Concern of local producers on the effect of television mergers on the prices of soccer rights; Implications of the consolidation for the investment in the money-losing operation; Effort of...
- The great white PPV. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p30
Highlights the programming for Broadway Television Network's pay-per-view service. Need to build a marketplace for Broadway plays in television; Estimated cost of offering the service; Growth of the pay-per-view segment of the market; Volume of subscriber demand; Ratio of repeat buyers. INSET:...
- Health Campaign Celebrates Body. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p20
Deals with the move of cable television network Discovery Health Channel to focus on the human body for its live-action promos. Reasons behind the idea of the on-air promotions; Elements of daytime and prime time promotions; Number of subscribers.