WE Plans Original Push
- Spotlight On...Steve Cheskin. Larson, Megan; Torpey-Kemph, Anne // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, p22
Focuses on how Steve Cheskin developed Travel Channel. Growth in the cable channel's ratings and subscribers; Shift in the channel's focus to popular destinations; Information on the programming franchises developed by Cheskin.
- Entertaining Empowered Women. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;8/29/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 35, p24
Features Kim Martin, executive vice president and general manager of Women's Entertainment (WE), and her success in the television industry. Career and educational background; Focus on keeping WE in growth mode; Description of the viewers of WE.
- CAN THIS MAN SAVE NBC. MASTERS, KIM // Hollywood Reporter;11/24/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 54, p64
The article reports on programming executives Robert Greenblatt who recently joined the television network NBC. It is stated that one of his great skills is the assessment and handling of talent. It is commented that Greenblatt is a very hot piece of executive talent, having transformed...
- College Sports TV Nets Folded Into CBS Sports. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/7/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that CBS is integrating College Sports Television Networks into the operations of CBS Sports. Tony Petitti, executive vice president and executive producer of CBS Sports, will oversee day-to-day operations of CSTV, replacing Brian Bedol, who founded the company and sold it to...
- THE FRANCHISE. LEITCH, WILL // New York;5/30/2011, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p12
The article discusses the sudden resignation of Dick Ebersol as head of the sports arm of NBC in the U.S. It says that ESPN owes its success in the last 10 years to its direct copying of the strategy of Ebersol at NBC, which was to exorbitantly spend for major items and use them as framework...
- PAIR SHARE ABC REALITY. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;9/19/2007, Vol. 296 Issue 56, p20
The article reports that ABC Television has appointed Vicki Dummer and John Saade to run ABC's alternative series, specials and late-night department.
- Critical Darlings. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/18/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 3, p11
Photographs of several cable television network executives are presented including Kevin Reilly from Fox Entertainment, Steve McPherson from ABC Entertainment Group and Jeff Gaspin from NBC Universal Television Entertainment.
- TELLY TANTRUMS. Clarke, Steve // Variety;12/11/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 4, p48
Provides information on the executive reorganization at BBC1 under the leadership of Greg Dyke as director general.
- REMAKING HISTORY. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/1/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 39, p36
The article discusses Nancy Dubuc's strategy to remake the History Channel. It discusses the effort of Dubuc, History Channel's EVP and general manager, to attract a larger and younger audience to increase its viewers. It also mentions Dubuc's plans to court the 35- to 45-year old upscale...