VOD Ads Attract More Attention
- SeaChange to resell EGT encoders. // CED;Nov2005, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p14
This article reports that SeaChange International Inc. is going to resell encoders of EGT Inc. SeaChange International Inc., a video-on-demand hardware and software provider, will bundle and sell EGT's gear for its on-demand and advertising systems.
- FOD Is Paying Dividends, Says SeaChange. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p88
Reports that server provider SeaChange International Inc. has enrolled for Comcast Corp.'s free video-on-demand (FOD). Benefits to Comcast after enrolling for FOD; Revenue earned to the company through the technology.
- SeaChange bolsters VOD platform. // CED;May2005, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p10
Reports that SeaChange International has launched Axiom video operations services software platform and hybrid MediaCluster server. Claim that the servers use memory caching to store popular video-on-demand content with the balance stored on solid-state disks; Reason why SeaChange opted for a...
- Cox Adds on SeaChange. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p27
Reports on the addition of SeaChange International Inc. by Cox Communications Inc. as a second video-on-demand server vendor. Schedule of the deployment of the servers; Significance of the deal for Cox; U.S. broadcasting coverage of Cox.
- Comcast claims alt-TV victory. Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/15/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 20, p4
The article reports on the advertising deal reached by Comcast with Gatorade in May 2006. The deal integrates the sports drink into Comcast's ExerciseTV on-demand channel. Valued at north of $1 million for a year-plus sponsorship, the deal is not going to blow the lid off the upfront market. But...
- On the Spot. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;4/10/2006, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p42
The article focuses on the effort of cable television networks to look for a way to advertise in a video-on-demand (VOD) environment. Even as VOD boosters like Comcast continue to push for free on-demand content, a number of factors have held back growth of advertising opportunities. One...
- The Nuts and Bolts of Philly-Style VOD. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p8B
Focuses on the use of Ethernet technology by the Comcast Corp. to roll out video-on-demand (VOD) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Utilization of SeaChange International Inc. servers at both the catcher and headend sites; Storage capacity of SeaChange on hours of content; Plans for multiple entry...
- Rentrak Is Tackling On-Demand Views. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p39
Reports on the development of a prototype of an advertisement viewership tool for the on-demand video platform by information management company Rentrak Corp. Features of the module according to Ken Papagan, executive vice president of strategy and new business development; Deployment of...
- Op Mixes, Matches VOD Gear. Monaco Hernon, Monta // Communications Technology;Jan2009, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p31
The article discusses Suddenlink Communications Inc.'s launch of video-on-demand (VOD) service in Texas in October 2008. The deployment combines VOD components from two different vendors and is arrayed in a centralized architecture. Suddenlink used SeaChange International Inc.'s Axiom VOD...