BROADBAND CHANNELS: Ready for Primetime
- Comcast Goes Wider. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;12/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p26
The article reports that Comcast Corp. expects to attain its goal of providing wideband cable-modern service with up to 50 megabits per second downloads by the end of 2008. Its multiple system operators has announced the availability of higher-speed Internet services in several cities in U.S....
- VH1, Bravo get content, ratings from Web virals. Oser, Kris // Advertising Age;1/23/2006, Vol. 77 Issue 4, p10
This article reports on the television programs launched by cable television networks, Bravo and VH1. It describes the video clips featured by the programs. The goal for both Bravo and VH1 is discussed. Also, the targeted advertisers of the Bravo sales team have been enumerated. Tom Ajello,...
- Pop, Culture, No TV: NBCU Pulls the Plug on Trio. Brady, Shirley // CableFAX Daily;11/22/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 227, p1
The article reports on the plan of cable television network NBCU Cable to re-launch Q1 as broadband-only entity at Bravo.Com in the U.S. The network's rival Trio has licensed original content opposite to its television brand.
- PLEA FOR 'COLLABORATION' ON ENTITLEMENT. Gibbons, Kent // Broadcasting & Cable;6/15/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p10
The article reports on the call of cable operators for the internet access entitlement of popular television shows to cable subscribers. In the June 10, 2009 B&C-Multichannel News OnDemand Summit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, operators aired their concern to programmers since they could lose a...
- Sports Events Shoot To Broadband Outlets. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p24
The article reports on the drive of the cable sports networks and several professional sports leagues to offer an online access of sports events. According to a cable television operator, the move is a success since many sports fans are logging on to watch some of their favorite sporting...
- Programming Politico's Future With Video. Warzel, Charlie // Adweek;5/7/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p11
The article focuses on Politico Live, the Internet television operation of the online journalism Website Politico which reports on U.S. politics and government. Improvements in the production quality and quantity of the broadcasts of Politico Live are examined in terms of the possibility the...
- In Search of TV. Malone, Michael; Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p10
Focuses on the impact of Internet television on broadcast and cable networks in the U.S. Concerns of cable operators on the protection of the copyrights of television programs; Digital media that can be used in watching television shows; Percentage of online television program viewers.
- HBO enters a growing Korean cable market. Alford, Christopher // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Reports on the resurgence of the cable television industry in South Korea after the country's economic crisis in 1998. Launching of HBO Korea on October 2, 2000; Limitation on foreign investment in broadcasting; Penetration rates of cable televisions in affluent areas.
- Our Town. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p34
Emphasizes the advantages of regional cable news networks over local cable news networks. Proof that the demand for regional cable news network is growing; Overview of the situation at New York 1 News cable network; Discussion and analysis of the trend.