Comcast Offers A 'PowerBoost' To Modem Subs
- Cable Users Get Cut Off. Cassavoy, Liane // PCWorld;Jun2007, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p58
The article focuses on the broadband service offered by Comcast. Comcast says that less than 0.01 percent of its residential customers use the service excessively, and insists that it would not cut off accounts without warning. According to recent media reports, however, one Comcast customer in...
- When is a service provider not a carrier? Johnson, Johna Till // Network World;9/24/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p34
Analyzes the reasons behind the continued rise in the cost of providing, delivering and monitoring bandwidth despite the increased commodification of bandwidth. Service providers' sale of bandwidth packaging; Requirement of companies in low-margin industries for highly scalable, efficient and...
- Net Neutrality Backers Target Lawmakers for Taking Comcast's Cash. Eggerton, John // Multichannel News;2/16/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p38
The article focuses on the position of liberal group Demand Progress against Comcast and its opposition to the Title II reclassification of U.S. broadband providers as common carriers.
- Business Services Important for Cable Ops. // Multichannel News;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p31
Presents news briefs on broadband communication operators in the U.S. as of September 29, 2003. Levels of services of Time Warner Cable's RoadRunner Business Class; Reasons for the industry's shift in emphasis toward larger customers; Action taken by Comcast Corp. to realign the business...
- How America Online drove me away and into the patiently awaiting arms of Comcast. Mundy, Alicia // Cable World (10427228);7/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p66
Presents an article describing why an American Online (AOL) subscriber turned to subscribing the broadband services of Comcast Corp. Details of how an AOL public relations employee addressed the subscriber's problem.
- Illinois Voters Re-Reject Muni Fiber Bid. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 46, p17
Reports on the second rejection of the proposed three-community municipal telecommunications overbuild by voters in Chicago, Illinois, as of November 2004. Background on a study regarding the estimated cost of the tri-city broadband initiative; Advantages of a municipal broadband operation...
- Broadband Subscribers Grow in 2002. Peterson, Shane // Government Technology;Dec2003, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p09
Reports on the growth in the number of worldwide broadband subscribers in 2002, according to a report by the International Telecommunication Union. Number of broadband subscribers in South Korea; Contribution of broadband access to consumer spending; Expectations on the market penetration of...
- Contender or pretender? Brown, Karen // CED;Dec2004, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p40
Reports on the signs of increased demand for broadband over powerline service in the U.S. Development of a standard for broadband over powerline; Issues stemming from broadband over powerline networks; Rollout of a broadband over powerline service.
- Managed Bandwidth. Getz, Steve // Wireless Review;10/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p48
Deals with the potential of managed bandwidth in telecommunication. Negative repercussions of throwing bandwidth at the Internet connection; Focus of quality of service implementations; Reasons for implementing bandwidth management; Elements of an effective broadband-services-management product.