Bankruptcy Judge Tackles Suit Over Sale
- Change of Venue: America Channel's TW-Comcast Suit Hits Roadblock. // CableFAX Daily;6/5/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 108, p1
Deals with the temporary restraining order issued on June 2, 2006 which puts a halt to a lawsuit filed by The America Channel (TAC) against Time Warner Cable and Comcast. Motion filed by America Channel; Antitrust lawsuit filed by America Channel in Minnesota; Option for TAC if it wants to...
- Cable companies file suit to block sale of Adelphia. // Buffalo Law Journal;6/5/2006, Vol. 78 Issue 45, p4
Reports the filing of a lawsuit by the America Channel against Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. on May 30, 2006 due to antitrust concerns over the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. Effect of the acquisition on the U.S. cable industry; Other allegations of America Channel against...
- CABLERS SNARE FILL 0' ADELPHIA. Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 14, p1
The article informs that a ruling by a federal bankruptcy judge in New York on Wednesday appears to have paved the way for Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. to buy Adelphia Communications Corp., in a $17.6 billion deal that could be announced as early as today. Judge Robert Gerber approved a...
- Comcast Foes Are Lining Up at FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p63
Discusses the complaints filed by The America Channel (TAC) and other satellite providers in the U.S. against Comcast Corp. in line with the proposed takeover of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Comcast and Time Warner Inc. Claims of discrimination issued by TAC against Comcast; Overview of how...
- Call Waiting. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p2
Reports on the decision of Adelphia to cancel plans to launch voice-over Internet protocol service in some markets in the U.S. by the end of 2005 leaving the responsibilities to Comcast and Time Warner.
- BIG GUYS TO SPLIT UP ADELPHIA? // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the consideration of Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. to make a joint bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. Implications of buying Adelphia for Time Warner and Comcast; Agreement of Comcast to a deal that would trim the Time Warner Cable stake; Factors complicating the auction.
- BAD RECEPTION. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the joint venture between two cable companies, Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. for the take over of the regional operations of bankrupt Adelphia Communications Corp. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Operations of two companies.
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p7
Presents an update on mass media in the U.S. as of April 11, 2005. Agreement of Time Warner and Comcast with cable operator Adelphia Communications to buy its subscribers; Promotion of Don Browne at NBC Universal; Appointment of Sally Preston at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
- On the Block, Adelphia Consolidates in Anaheim. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/11/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 41, p1
Reports on the plan of Adelphia Communications Corp., the bankrupt cable operator, to consolidate its business from Santa Ana to Anaheim, California. Adelphia's plan to sell part of its business to a venture of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc.; Customer complaints against Adelphia; Reasons for...