Comcast Considers Internet Video Push
- Comcast unit targets online interactivity. Marlowe, Chris; Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/13/2005, Vol. 392 Issue 13, p4
This article reports that Comcast Corp. on Monday made a highly visible commitment to furthering its online activities by announcing the formation of Comcast Interactive Media (CIM). Amy Banse will head the new division as president, reporting to Comcast chief operating officer Steve Burke. A...
- Decline of DVDs Is a Cable Opportunity to Open Windows. Arlen, Gary // Multichannel News;6/7/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p3
The article reports on the statement of Comcast Corp. chief operating officer (CFO) Steve Burke regarding the decline of videodisc (DVD) business which can create an opportunity in the cable industry by providing digital sell-through and video on demand.
- Feeling used. // PC Week;5/27/96, Vol. 13 Issue 21, pA2
Reports on Forrester Research analyst Josh Bernoff's reasons for not believing in the market potentials of the Internet appliances. Decline in prices of PCs; Pre-owned PCs.
- Comcast joins NBCU-News Corp. Wallenstein, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/17/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 9, p2
The article presents information on the signing of Comcast Corp., by the online joint venture between NEC Universal and News Corp Ltd., as a nonequity content provider. It states that Comcast will deliver programming from its stable of cable channels, including Style, E! and G4. According to...
- BOSTON: THE BASIC TEST. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/31/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the 66,000 basic video subscribers that have been lost by Comcast Corp. in the second quarter of 2006. The most mature telephone market of Comcast also lost 16,000 basic customers in 2005 but has recently experienced gains according to its chief operating officer Steve...
- Comcast Pared to 5 Divisions. // Multichannel News;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p37
Reports on the move of Comcast Corp. to reorder its cable operations on November 7, 2003. Details on the leadership of Steve Burke; Acquisition of AT&T Broadband; Personnel changes in the company.
- Burke: New Channels Are on the Way. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p22
This article reports that fresh off joining Sony Corp. in its acquisition of MGM and months removed from the failed run at Disney, Comcast Corp. president Steve Burke said last week the MSO's executives "remain committed to the idea that content and distribution work well together, and we...
- Comcast cobble ad aid under single Spotlight. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/3/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 26, p7
Reports on the advertiser-sales blueprint drawn up by Comcast Corp. in the U.S. Potential of the strategy to double its advertising revenues; Goal of the operator to make it easy for an advertiser to buy time on cable; Statement issued by Comcast Cable president Steve Burke.
- FREE VOD BOOSTS COMCAST. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;9/21/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 56, p2
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has got double digit profit in 2006 because of the large amounts of free video-on-demand (VOD) programming and $99-a-month triple-play offering of video, voice and data. Steve Burke, president-chief operating officer of Comcast, feels that VOD and triple...