The lesser evils of battling round goby infiltration
- Walleye on the Moon. Galea, Steve // Ontario Out of Doors;Apr2009, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p17
The article offers information on Moon River Walleye spawning-bed enhancement project. The project was initiated by Eastern Georgian Bay Stewardship Council (EGBSC) and the Upper Great Lakes Fisheries Management Unit, of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR). It is stated that the...
- Dear Diary. Stemp-Morlock, Graeme // Ontario Out of Doors;Jun2010, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p13
The article reports that the Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR) in Ontario is urging anglers to keep a fishing diary for the 2010 season, so as to make available good records and data for the 2010 Survey of Recreational Fishing in Canada.
- Hunting and fishing act closer. Kerr, John // Ontario Out of Doors;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p10
Reports the heritage-act proposal of the Ministry of Natural Resources on the recognition of the hunting and fishing heritage in Ontario. Establishment of a Fish and Wildlife Heritage Commission; Details on the public consultation period of the proposal; Contributions of hunters and anglers to...
- Walleye hatch down. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Feb2007, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p19
The article focuses on the walleye population which has not come close to replicate the spawning success in 2003 in Ontario, Canada. The Ministry of Natural Resources research revealed that 2006 spawn was poor and from the survey with the partnership of commercial fishery, it shows that adult...
- ONTARIO'S STOCKED SPLAKE LAKES. // Ontario Out of Doors;Mar2006, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p60
The article presents a list of various lakes for fishing in Ontario, according to the information given by the Ministry of Natural Resources for the year 2006. The lakes include Kirkland Lake in Ontario, Green Lake, Haddow Lake, and Jackpine Lake in Cochrane, Ontario, and Belle Isle Lake,...
- EDUCATING NEW ANGLERS. D'Angelo, Joe // Ontario Out of Doors;2013, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p20
The article reports that Ontario's Ministry of Natural Resources is offering Learn to Fish program to teach new anglers the basics of fishing.
- Community hatcheries receive more funding than ever before. // Ontario Out of Doors;Fall2014, Vol. 46 Issue 9, Following p15
The article reports that community hatcheries in Ontario has received funds from the Community Hatchery Program administered by the Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to improve the process of raising and conserving fish.
- Ghost nets on Nipissing. Helsdon, Jeff // Ontario Out of Doors;Jun2015, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the charges laid by the Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) due to the discovery of several nets with decomposing fish on Lake Nipissing.
- Southern-Ontario walleye reprieve. Kerr, John // Ontario Out of Doors;Sep2006, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on the controversial changes in the southern-Ontario walleye regulations for 2007 regarding the fishing of walleye by the Ministry of Natural Resources in Ontario. It reflects that the ministry has decided to go with an interim daily catch and possession limit of four walleye...