Warfarin interaction with Matricaria chamomilla
- CHAMOMILE SHELTER FROM THE STORM. Howe, Maggy // Country Living;Mar2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Discusses the health benefits of chamomile herb. INSET: A RELAXING TEA & BATH.
- Retrospective assessment of potential interaction between levofloxacin and warfarin. Berta Gracia García; Elisabet Leiva Badosa; María Perayre Badía; Concepción Reynaldo Martínez; Ramón Jodar Masanés // Pharmacy World & Science;Apr2009, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p224
AbstractÂ Â Objective There is currently a controversy regarding interactions between levofloxacin and warfarin. The aim of this study was to determine the clinical relevance of this interaction in our setting. Setting A university hospital in Barcelona, Spain. Methods We carried out a...
- Was This the Clover in Which Stalin Ended His Days? // Orthopedics;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p442
Discusses research on the toxicology of warfarin. Information warfarin; Treatment for warfarin poisoning; Case report published in a 2005 issue of the "Lancet."
- GERMAN, HUNGARIAN, OR WILD CHAMOMILE. Foster, Steven; Duke, James A. // Peterson Field Guide to Medicinal Plants & Herbs of Eastern & Ce;2000, p97
This article presents information on German, Hungarian or wild chamomile (Matricaria recutita L.), (Chamomilla recutita L.) and (Matricaria chamomilla L.). This annual plant belongs to the family Compositae. The leaves are finely divided. The plant is locally abundant. In Germany, chamomile's...
- Crazy about chamomile. Gursche, Siegfried // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jul2002, Issue 237, p74
Provides information on the medicinal benefits of chamomile. Medical history; Treatment for the common cold; Relief of morning sickness and vomiting; Soothing of cramps and painful menstruation.
- HPLC/MS and HPLC/NMR as hyphenated techniques for accelerated characterization of the main constituents in Chamomile ( Chamomilla recutita [L.] Rauschert). Berthold Weber; Martina Herrmann; Beate Hartmann; Holger Joppe; Claus Schmidt; Heinz-Jürgen Bertram // European Food Research & Technology;Feb2008, Vol. 226 Issue 4, p755
AbstractÂ Â An ethanolic extract of Chamomilla recutita [L.] Rauschert was analyzed by the hyphenated techniques HPLC/MS and HPLC/NMR, speeding up a reliable and comprehensive characterization of the main constituents in an extract from chamomile flowers. In addition to the cis- and...
- Tramadol-warfarin interaction. // WHO Drug Information;2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p208
The article reports that some individuals are susceptible to interaction between tramadol and warfarin. A pharmacodynamic study has been conducted of the effect on international normalized ratio (INR) of giving tramadol to 19 individuals stabilized on phenprocoumon. Two of the individuals had...
- Optimal loading dose for the initiation of warfarin: a systematic review. Heneghan, Carl; Tyndel, Sally; Bankhead, Clare; Yi Wan; Keeling, David; Perera, Rafael; Ward, Alison // BMC Cardiovascular Disorders;2010, Vol. 10, p18
Background: Selection of the right warfarin dose at the outset of treatment is not straightforward, and current evidence is lacking to determine the optimal strategy for initiation of therapy. Methods: We included randomized controlled trials in patients commencing anticoagulation with warfarin,...
- Warfarin Increases Mortality in Intracranial Arterial Stenosis. Ebell, Mark // American Family Physician;8/15/2005, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p680
Presents the results of a clinical study regarding warfarin treatment in patients with intracranial arterial stenosis. Targeted International Normalized Ratio of warfarin administered to the patients; Health risks posed by warfarin to patients suffering from the disease; Recommended treatment...