Effect of nurse-directed hypertension treatment among First Nations people with existing hypertension and diabetes mellitus: the Diabetes Risk Evaluation and Microalbuminuria (DREAM 3) randomized controlled trial
- Managing hypertension in patients with diabetes. // Patient Care;1/30/1994, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the treatment of hypertension in diabetic patients. Urgency in the determination of the appropriate treatment of the hypertensive diabetic; Necessary lifestyle changes; Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors as drugs of choice.
- Baseline Characteristics of the Diabetic Participants in the Antihypertensive and Lipid-Lowering Treatment to Prevent Heart Attack Trial (ALLHAT). Barzilay, Joshua I.; Jones, Cheryl L.; Davis, Barry R.; Basile, Jan N.; Goff Jr., David C.; Ciocon, Jerry O.; Sweeney, Mary Ellen; Randall, Otelio S. // Diabetes Care;Apr2001, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p654
Provides information on a study which explained the treatment of hypertension among diabetics. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Influence of Insertion/Deletion Polymorphism in the ACE-I Gene on the Progression of Diabetic Glomerulopathy in Type 1 Diabetic Patients With Microalbuminuria. Rudberg, Susanne; Rasmussen, Lars M.; Bangstad, Hans-Jacob; Osterby, Ruth // Diabetes Care;Apr2000, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p544
Presents a study which investigated the influence of the insertion and deletion polymorphism of the ACE gene on the progression of early diabetic glomerulopathy in patients with and without antihypertensive treatment. Methodology of the study; Results; Conclusions.
- Drug Treatment of Hypertension Complicating Diabetes Mellitus. MacLeod, M.J.; McLay, J. // Drugs;Aug1998, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p189
Hypertension and diabetes mellitus are both common conditions associated with a high morbidity and mortality. When the two conditions occur together, as they do in 50% of diabetic individuals, the result is a 7.2-fold increase in mortality. If hypertension occurs in association with diabetes...
- Chronic complications. Robertson, Carolyn; Hurley, Mary Lou; Moore, Kathleen // RN;Sep95, Vol. 58 Issue 9, p34
Discusses how a nurse can assess chronic complications of diabetes. Eye examination for the detection of retinopathy; Other symptoms of renal disease; Symptoms of neuropathy; Assessing symptoms of sensory and motor neuropathies; Peripheral vascular disease; Transient ischemic attacks. INSET:...
- PATTERNS OF DRUG THERAPY AMONG DIABETIC HYPERTENSIVE PATIENTS WITH OTHER COMPLICATIONS. HUSSAIN, ZAKIA; SANA, AMTUL; MOHAMMED, SALAHUDDIN; RAZZAQ, MOHAMMED ABDUL // International Journal of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences;2014, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p270
Objectives: There are many variations in prescribing patterns of Diabetes mellitus with hypertension which requires lifelong treatment as enormously increased the burden of chronic diseases and needs much care while choosing drugs. In a tertiary care centre, prescribing pattern are powerful...
- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) prevents the prostanoid imbalance in mesenteric bed of fructose-induced hypertensive rats. Peredo, Horacio; Mayer, Marcos; Faya, Ileana; Puyó, Ana; Carranza, Andrea // European Journal of Nutrition;Oct2008, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p349
In previous studies we reported an altered prostanoid (PR) release-pattern in mesenteric vessels in fructose (F)-overloaded rats, an experimental model of insulin resistance and hypertension. Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) and its precursor Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) are the most...
- Efficacy of Diuretics and Beta-Blockers in Diabetic Hypertensive Patients. Lievre, Michel; Gueyffier, Francois; Ekbom, Tord; Fagard, Robert; Cutler, Jeffrey; Schron, Eleanor; Marre, Michel; Boissel, Jean-Pierre // Diabetes Care;Apr2000 Supplement 2, Vol. 23, pB65
Deals with a study which assessed the effectiveness of diuretic or beta-blocker-based treatment of hypertension in diabetic patients. Research design and methods; Results; Conclusions.
- Puerarin Alleviates Neuropathic Pain by Inhibiting Neuroinflammation in Spinal Cord. Ming Liu; Kaijun Liao; Changxi Yu; Xuejun Li; Suhuan Liu; Shuyu Yang // Mediators of Inflammation;2014, p1
Neuropathic pain responds poorly to drug treatments, and partial relief is achieved in only about half of the patients. Puerarin, the main constituent of Puerariae Lobatae Radix, has been used extensively in China to treat hypertension and tumor.The current study examined the effects of puerarin...