Conscription fears accompany threat of pandemic
- DISASTER MANAGEMENT BILL. // Parliamentarian;2006, Vol. 87 Issue 1, p72
Presents information on the Disaster Management Act 2005 of India. Purpose of the Indian government for creating the bill; Definition of disaster and disaster management in the act; Powers and functions of the National Disaster Management Authority such as formulating policies on disaster...
- Statement on Signing the Emergency Supplemental Act, 2000. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/17/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p1640
Presents the text of a statement given by United States President Bill Clinton on July 13, 2000, which deals with the signing of the Emergency Supplemental Act of 2000.
- Acts of omission. // India Today;3/15/2010, p3
The article discusses the implications of the move by the Indian government to omit some provisions in bills approved by the Parliament. It is said that such a move betrays the trust of Parliament and the reformist position of the government. One example is the omission of the sections 23 and 24...
- Scottish Flooding Bill published. // Utility Week;10/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p34
The article reports that the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (Sepa) will oversee flood risk management in Scotland, under a Bill published on October 2008. If the Flood Risk Management (Scotland) Bill is translated into law, Sepa will be the competent authority for flood risk management,...
- Network companies pan emergencies law. Milne, Roger // Utility Week;10/31/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p3
Reports on a warning aimed at the British Parliament that the proposed legislation on civil emergencies could result in significant extra costs for utilities as of October 2003. Complexity from the involvement in loss-of-supply incidents; Requirements under the proposed Civil Contingencies...
- Bill Seeking to Improve Federal Response Efforts to Terrorist Strikes Introduced in House. Dees, C. Stanley // Contract Management;Sep2002, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p73
Reports that U.S. Representative Carolyn Maloney has introduced a legislative bill entitled `Community Protection and Response Act of 2002,' which would amend the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act. Improvement of federal response efforts after the occurrence of a...
- EM opponents closer to goal. Wright, Marcus // Michigan Citizen;9/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 44, pA1
The article focuses on the efforts of labor unions, social justice organizations, churches, and community groups in Michigan to overturn the emergency manager (EM) law proposed by Governor Rick Snyder through tax cuts in education and revenue sharing.
- Stand up for Democracy: Repeal the EM Law. Sanders, Herb // Michigan Citizen;10/21/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 50, pA6
The author discusses the importance of repealing the emergency manager (EM) law in Michigan.
- County eyes policy setting plans for emergency spending. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/6/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 27, p4
The article reports that Kent County in Michigan is attempting to create a policy which will define a state of emergency, and decide how much of the state's budget will be allocated to meeting such events.