- Preservation Through Recreation: The Dahlgren Railroad Heritage Trail. Bowen, Dawn S. // Pioneer America Society Transactions;2008, Vol. 31, p39
The article focuses on the development of the Dahlgren Railroad Heritage Trail, a rails to trails conversion project on an abandoned military railroad in King George, Virginia. Primarily, it discusses the impact on the trail's construction towards recreation and historic preservation,...
- Untitled. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2006, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p59
A photograph of the Driving Trailer Composite No. 76350 from ex-third rail unit 4VEP No. (42)3436 is presented. It depicts the rail unit been secured for preservation by the Bidford & Instow Railway Group in North Devon, England.
- INTRODUCTION FROM THE EDITOR. SMITH, ARIANE C. // Overland Journal;Summer2007, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p53
The article discusses various published reports within the issue, including one by Merrill Mattes on the Robidoux Pass, one by Andy Hammond that examines the Scottsbluff region and one by Howard Driggs that discusses the origins of the trail preservation movement.
- PRESERVATION. Gruber, John; Pickett, Al // Trains;Jan2003, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p82
Provides information on railroad historical preservation. Completion of the restoration of Mid-Continent Railway Historical Society's 1888-built wooden coach 63; Construction of a passenger locomotive to a 1940-era London & North Eastern Railway design; Announcement on the winners of the 2002...
- Fire Up 611! project needs more money. // Trains;Jan2014, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p63
The article offers news briefs related to railroad preservations including the need for more funds by Virginia Museum of Transportation and the Fire Up 611! Committee, Union Pacific's new gantry and partnership between Delaware-Lackawanna Railroad and the Tri-State Chapter of the National...
- Settebello scrap threat. // Railways Illustrated;Jan2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p63
A photograph of the preserved ETR-300 EMU is presented.
- Save the Trident. // Aviation History;Sep2010, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p9
The article presents information on the efforts to preserve the only remaining Trident 1C aircraft.
- Wisconsin Central Ltd.--Abandonment Exemption--in Manitowoc County, WI. Campbell, Rachel D.; Gardner, Derrick A. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;6/14/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 115, p35751
The article presents information that Wisconsin Central Ltd. (WCL) has submitted an application to the U.S. Surface Transportation Board for abandoning 6.8 miles of rail line in Manitowoc County, Wisconsin. WCL has certified that no traffic movement has been seen from the last two years and also...
- The Long Walk revisited. Brossy, Chee // Navajo Times;6/4/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 22, pA1
The article reports on the proposal of the Navajo Nation's Historic Preservation Office to travel the Navajos historic trail to get to Bosque Redondo in New Mexico. The National Park Service Web Site considered that the Long Walk is an exceptional value in illustrating the U.S. heritage. Under...