Buy A Rug, Educate A Girl
- common threads. Alati, Danine // Contract;Oct2009, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p34
The article focuses on the collaboration of Designtex fabrics Inc. and a nonprofit organization, Arzu Studio Hope in context with Afghan artisan rug collection. It is reported that Arzu believes in holistic approach to alleviate poverty and works with private sector to create job opportunities...
- CFI Chapter Update. Freedman, Jack // ICS: Cleaning Specialist;Jun2010, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p74
The article presents updates related to Carpet & Fabricare Institute (CFI) chapters. It reports that Jim Smith of JBS Consultants presented the new carpet fiber Triexta, Dennis Candler of The Schedule Center demonstrated a computer program for scheduling appointments, and Central California...
- CFI Update: March 2015. // ICS: Cleaning Specialist;Mar2015, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p9
The article offers information on the appreciation given by the Carpet and Fabricare Institute (CFI) to those who supported the Ronald McDonald House Charities at the International Cleaning Experts (ICE) Expo in January 2015 and the Oriental Rug Cleaning Plant Tour held by the former organization.
- CFI Launches Redesigned Website. Sanders, Matthew // ICS: Cleaning Specialist;Jun2011, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p86
This section offers news briefs on the Carpet and FabriCare Institute (CFI). The CFI announces the launch of its new website with new features such as the "Members Only" section, as it retains old features such as streaming video content, technical library, and events calendar. The Arizona...
- CRI Strategies: Members Profitable and Growing. Sellers, Kathryn O. // Textile World;Oct2000, Vol. 150 Issue 10, p84
Deals with the process completed by the Carpet and Rug Institute (CRI) in 2000 in identifying and prioritizing the challenges to the profitability and growth of the United States carpet industry. Three areas wherein strategies meetings with representatives of CRI member companies were...
- Buyer's view. // Home Textiles Today;7/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p10
Presents the views by buyers on the rug market in the United States in 2001. Strength of wool and silk combinations; Popularity of contemporary designs; Transitional flat weaves and looks.
- Here a rug, there a rug. . . Wyman, Lissa // Furniture/Today;12/30/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p44
Focuses on the trend in the rug retail market in the U.S. Amount of total estimated sales; Views on the condition of the market; Introduction of smaller rugs.
- Buyers seek safety in mid-priced rugs. Corral, Cecile B. // Home Textiles Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p1
Highlights the Atlanta International Area Rug Show in Georgia. Expansion of the product lines; Improvement of the product assortments; Offer of products catering to the needs of consumers.
- Rugs top home fashions with nudge from shifting channels. Corral, Cecile B. // Home Textiles Today;1/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the growth of the rug industry in the U.S. Escalation of sales revenue; Comprehension of the volatile market conditions; Launch of promotional goods. INSET: Methodology.