Chips and Biryani
- Micrologic Joins Cadence Connections Program. Heffner, Tracy // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jul2007, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p10
The article reports the alliance of Micrologic Inc. and Cadence Design Systems Inc. for the Cadence Connections program which was created to promote open interoperability between Cadence technologies and other companies' design tools. According to Micrologic president and founder Danny Rittman,...
- Cadence, SMIC Create 90nm Low-Power Reference Flow. Mutschler, Ann Steffora // Electronic News;9/1/2006, p47
The article reports on the development of a low-power digital reference flow by Cadence Design Systems Inc. and Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corp. to address the needs of designers developing integrated circuits (IC). The reference flow will support the Encounter Timing System of...
- Cadence shows 4th generation product. // Electronic News;1/22/96, Vol. 42 Issue 2100, p44
Introduces Cadence Design Systems FlexChip technology called Silicon Ensemble. Latest place-and-route product; Comments from President and Chief Executive Officer Joseph Costello; Product for designing multilayer integrated circuits (IC); Ease-of-use of channel approach applied to the...
- Cadence enters Windows-based EDA market. // Electronic News (10616624);11/6/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2090, p2
Looks at activities by Cadence Design Systems in the autumn of 1995. The company's move into the world of Windows by releasing a new version of its Allegro printed circuit board layout products for personal computer (PC)-using designers; Cadence's move into the software distribution market;...
- Have CPU design skills, will travel. // Electronic News;04/20/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2215, p4
Focuses on Cadence Design Systems' plan to shop its microprocessor design team around to some of the largest integrated circuit makers in the United States.
- Cadence sets latest verification suite. // Electronic News;2/6/95, Vol. 41 Issue 2051, p8
Focuses on Cadence Design System Inc.'s Vampire, a verification suite for integrated circuits designs. Application for patent to cover auto-adaptive technology of the software; Collaboration with Siemens in the development of Vampire; Layout-vs.-Schematic (LVS) of Vampire that supports layer...
- Cadence merges two areas to form DSM design flow. // Electronic News;01/12/98, Vol. 44 Issue 2201, p30
Reports on Cadence Design Systems Inc.'s introduction of its Logic Design Planner-DSM that combines Cadence's back-end integrated circuit design technology with front-end design planning tool. Reduction of the number of design iterations otherwise required for complex chip design.
- Drives hard IP reuse. Khan // ECN: Electronic Component News;Aug99, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p111
Focuses on developments related to the integrated circuits (IC) industry as of August 1999. Gap between IC process technology and IC design technology; Impact of the shift in IC design from Very Large Scale Integration to System-on-Chip integration.
- Fister Leaves Intel for Cadence. Mutschler, Ann Steffora; Sperling, Ed // Electronic News;5/17/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 20, pN.PAG
Reports on the decision of Michael J. Fister to leave Intel to become president and CEO of Cadence, replacing Ray Bingham. Career background of Fister; Experiences of Bingham at Cadence; Contribution of Fister to Intel.