That Time Again
- Beconase Allergy. // Royal Society of Medicine: Medicines;2002, p100
The article presents information on beconase allergy, a proprietary, non-prescription preparation of the corticosteroid anti-inflammatory and beclometasone dipropionate. It can be used to relieve the symptoms of conditions such as hay fever and rhinitis. It is available as a nasal spray. It is...
- In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/10/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 22, p16
Presents news briefs on the pharmaceutical industry as of December 10, 2002. Addition of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug ketoprofen to the chemicals portfolio of Boehringer Ingelheim; Increase of prices for calcium and sodium propionate.
- A common--sometimes critical--condition. Sandroff, Ronni // Consumer Reports on Health;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p2
Studies various aspects of the disease asthma. Symptoms of the disease; Effect of anti-inflammatory medicine on human body; Effect of pollen grains on asthmatic person.
- `Tip toe through the tulips...' // Total Health;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p12
Discusses that the hay fever and the start of spring are not determined by the calendar but through allergy symptoms. Preventive measures to inhibit allergies due to pollens.
- Outside In. Newnham, David // Nursing Standard;5/11/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p26
David Newnham enjoys the spring air but is mindful of late-onset hay fever.
- Pollen avoidance measures can reduce allergy medication. // Pulse;3/9/2011, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p8
The article presents a medical tip on pollen avoidance measures can help reduce the patient's reliance on medication.
- Atmospheric Environment: Some pollens are much more aggressive than others. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/25/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article discusses a study on the allergic potential of pollens causing hay fever by European Scientists which shows variation in the allergic potential of the pollens depending on the time of year and region.
- A study of the efficacy and safety of ciclesonide hydrofluoroalkane nasal aerosol in patients with seasonal allergic rhinitis from mountain cedar pollen. Ratner, Paul H.; Andrews, Charles; Martin, Bruce; Howland, William; Desai, Shailesh Y.; Huang, Holly; Hinkle, Joseph; Bode, Fred // Allergy & Asthma Proceedings;Jan/Feb2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p27
A nasal aerosol formulation of ciclesonide with a hydrofluoroalkane propellant (CIC-HFA) is currently in development for treatment of allergic rhinitis (AR). This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of once-daily administration of CIC-HFA 74 or 148 micrograms compared with placebo in...
- Reevaluation of pollen quantitation by an automatic pollen counter. Muradil, Mutarifu; Okamoto, Yoshitaka; Yonekura, Syuji; Chazono, Hideaki; Hisamitsu, Minako; Horiguchi, Shigetoshi; Hanazawa, Toyoyuki; Takahashi, Yukie; Yokota, Kunihiko; Okumura, Satoshi // Allergy & Asthma Proceedings;Sep/Oct2010, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p422
Accurate and detailed pollen monitoring is useful for selection of medication and for allergen avoidance in patients with allergic rhinitis. Burkard and Durham pollen samplers are commonly used, but are labor and time intensive. In contrast, automatic pollen counters allow simple real-time...