- Milestones in Medicare Managed Care. Zarabozo, Carlos // Health Care Financing Review;Fall2000, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p61
Medicare managed care has a long history, dating back to the beginning of the Medicare program. The role and prominence of managed care in Medicare have both changed over the years; though plan participation has waxed and waned, enrollment has grown steadily. The greatest growth in Medicare...
- HMO ENROLLMENT CONTINUES TO DECLINE. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Jun2001, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the drop in enrollment in United States health maintenance organizations (HMO) as of July 1, 2000. Number of HMO enrollees as of July 1999; Decline in the number of HMO offering Medicare; Growth rate of HMO Medicaid enrollment.
- HMO providers mum on Medicare's future here. Webb, Marlon // San Diego Business Journal;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p6
Reports that some managed care providers in San Diego, California, are reluctant to disclose possible benefit changes or rising premiums to local Medicare enrollees. Law passed by Congress in 1997 that modifies Medicare coverage starting 2000; Need to settle conflicts between Medicare patients...
- Flatlining. Glasser, Ronald J. // Washington Monthly;May2001, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p44
Criticizes managed care plans under health maintenance organizations (HMO) in the United States. Rationale for passing the HMO Act of 1973; Business advantages of establishing HMO; Method used by HMO to save money from medical care of beneficiaries; Comparison between Medicare and HMO operations...
- CONSUMERS CONTINUE TO CHOOSE MEDICARE HMOS. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);Feb2003, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the finding that consumers continue to choose managed care plans to receive Medicare benefits despite the decrease in coverage of senior citizens by Medicare health maintenance organizations.
- Top 25 plans ranked by Medicare enrollment. // Managed Healthcare Executive;Jun2003, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p44
Lists the top 25 managed care plans ranked by Medicare enrollment as of January 1, 2002. PacifiCare of California; Kaiser Foundation Health Plan Inc.; Humana Medical Plan Inc.; Health Net of California; Oxford Health Plans of New York; SCAN; Group Health Cooperative.
- The Value Of Medicare Managed Care Plans and Their Prescription Drug Benefits. // Working Papers -- U.S. Federal Reserve Board's Finance & Economi;2007, p1
The article discusses the value of Medicare Managed Care Plans and its prescription drug benefits. It says that the gross and net welfare, which were provided by the Medicare managed care program from 1999 to 2002 were estimated. It mentions that 14.9 billion dollars of gross welfare every year...
- Independent Living. Miller, Julie // Managed Healthcare Executive;Oct2004, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p18
Features SCAN Health Plan, a social health maintenance organization (HMO) for Medicare eligibles. Mission of the HMO; Plan coverage; Description of the HMO services by chief executive officer Dave Schmidt. INSET: Sensitivity training brings understanding to a new level.
- Key Milestones in Medicare and Medicaid History, Selected Years: 1965-2003. // Health Care Financing Review;Winter2005, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p1
Details some of the key highlights and milestones in the history of Medicare and Medicaid in the U.S. from 1965 to 2003. Overview of their enactment as Title XVIII and Title XIX of the Social Security Act in 1965; Extension of the Medicare eligibility in 1972; Expansion of the coverage of...