IN THIS WEEK
- News briefs. // Chemical Week;3/11/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 9, p5
Presents news briefs on activities and issues pertaining to the chemical industry around the world. Expansion plans of ICI for its surfactant capacity; Purchase by Brunner Mond of the soda ash business of Akzo Nobel; Investment plans of Dow Chemical in Israel.
- R&H Courted Dow and Other Potential Bidders in June. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;8/11/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 25, p11
The article reveals that Rohm and Haas (R&H) has approached Dow Chemical and two other companies to gauge their interest in acquiring R&H, a move that resulted in Dow's acquisition agreement. The surprise move in 2007 by the Haas family trusts, which control 32% of R&H shares, to seek the sale...
- THINK TANK. Davis, Nigel; Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 57, p19
The article reports on rumors surrounding the alleged private equity bid for Dow Chemical, or its possible deal with Reliance Industries. Information on the asset-light strategy being applied by Dow in its commodity materials is presented, and the growth of Reliance in the petrochemicals...
- Dow to Swallow Ascot For $437 Million. Hume, Claudi // Chemical Week;4/4/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 14, p18
Reports on the tender offer made by Dow Chemical to acquire fine and specialty chemicals producer Ascot Chemical in Great Britain. Reaction of Martin Evans, head of European Research at Credit Lyonnais Securities, on the tender offer; Market share of Ascot's Haltermann Custom Processing unit;...
- Looks Great on Paper, Butâ€¦. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;3/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 8, p7
The article looks at the possibility that Dow Chemical may receive a takeover bid. Rumors of a major chemical buyout have circulated since 2006, fueled by the voracious acquisition appetite of private equity firms for ever-bigger deals and the depressed stock prices at some chemical firms....
- Dow to raise debt buyback limit to $700 million. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;11/18/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 29, p8
The article reports that American multinational chemical producing company Dow Chemical Co. has raised its debt tender offer from 500 million dollars to 700 million dollars.
- Dow Chemical Eyes Copene Petrochemical Assets . Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p13
Reports that Dow Chemical is considering bidding for assets that may come up for sale at the Copene complex in Camacari, Brazil. Comments from Roberto Noronha Santos, commercial director for Dow Quimica SA in Sao Paulo; Reference to a report published in the `Gazeta Mercantil'; Importance of the...
- Dow to Strengthen Fine Chems With $439 Million Bid for Ascot. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;4/2/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 14, p1
Focuses on the takeover bid of Dow Chemical for Ascot PLC with the aim of expanding its activities in specialty and fine chemicals. Financial performance of Ascot; Comments from Howard Dyer, Ascot's executive chairman; Plans of Dow for Ascot.
- Sentrachem board accepts sweetened offer from Dow. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/27/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 33, p21
Reports on Sentrachem company board's decision to accept a revised offer from Dow Chemical company's proposed take over of the company. Dow's revised offer price for Sentrachem.