- Polystyrene. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;6/27/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2153, p27
Presents information on polystrene. Uses; Supply and demand for the first five months of 2005; Pricing as of June 2005.
- Feedstocks feed PP, PS prices. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/23/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 51, p3
High feedstock prices have kept up pressure on markets for polypropylene and solid polystyrene (PS) and expanded polystyrene (EPS), resulting in higher resin prices in recent weeks. Prices for solid PS are up 4 cents per pound and for EPS are up 6 cents per pound since January 1, 2004. Solid PS...
- New Styrenic Copolymers Target Food Packaging. // Plastics Technology;Dec2004, Vol. 50 Issue 12, p21
Features the Dylark FG 2500 styrene maleic anhydride resin from Nova Chemicals. Uses of the product; Advantage of the product for microwable food packaging.
- Resin helps fill varying shapes and sizes in beverageware. Dorfner, Sara E. // Machine Design;07/09/98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p180
Evaluates the Tyril styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN) resins from Dow Plastics company supplied to Thermo-Serv Inc. Function and feature of the resins; Temperature capacity of the resin.
- Predicting the Deformability of Expanded Polystyrene in Short-Term Compression. Gnip, I.; Kersulis, V.; Vaitkus, S. // Mechanics of Composite Materials;Mar2005, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p105
A regressive model is presented for the relationship between the compressive stress and strain of expanded polystyrene (EPS) on a 0-35% strain range. On the whole, the model agrees well with experimental data. A practical way is suggested for determining the coefficients of the model from the...
- RESIN OUTLOOK 2005: No relief from high prices. Macdonald, Cindy // Canadian Plastics;Dec2004, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p11
Presents forecasts on the prices of resins and some engineering materials in 2005. Factors that led to the increase in prices of polyethylene and polypropylene; Effect of styrene prices on polystyrene prices; Reasons behind the increase in price of nylon. INSET: THE EXPERTS PREDICT:.
- Styrenic Co-Polymers Face Pricing Pressures. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;5/10/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 19, p6
Reports on factors attributed to price increases in the market for styrenic co-polymer resins. Protracted high energy and raw material costs; Producers' increase of prices to offset cost increases and rebuild margins; Comments of David Gingras, head of styrenics product management at Bayer...
- Technoeconomic evaluation of bio-based styrene production by engineered Escherichia coli. Claypool, Joshua; Raman, D.; Jarboe, Laura; Nielsen, David // Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology;Aug2014, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p1211
Styrene is an important commodity chemical used in polymers and resins, and is typically produced from the petrochemical feedstocks benzene and ethylene. Styrene has recently been produced biosynthetically for the first time using engineered Escherichia coli, and this bio-based route may...
- PLASTICS & COATINGS: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;05/10/99, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p28
Presents news briefs on plastics and coating-related issues. Factors that cause the price increase made by Reichhold for its standard laminate styrene-butadiene products sold to carpet industry; Price increase of the isopthalic resins of Ashland Chemical Co.