Global markets thin but steady
- C2 slides on PE price resistance. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p24
Reports on the decline of C2 and polyethylene prices, as of March 2003. Reasons behind the decline; Impact on ethylene margins; Effect of naphtha price increases on C2 and ethylene prices.
- Methanol tumbles. // Asian Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 409, p26
Reports on the prices of several chemicals. Methanol; Naphtha; Ethylene.
- Naphtha going strong. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 435, p26
Presents updates on prices of chemicals around the world as of March 1, 2004. Prices of naphtha; Factors that influenced the price of ethylene; Gap between offers and bids for propylene; Shipment of cargoes of butadiene.
- Ethylene climbs as demand rises. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p13
Looks at the market prices of several chemicals in Europe as of March 9, 2003, with emphasis on the market demand for ethylene. Naphtha; Propylene; Butadiene.
- Sentiment softens on weak demand. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 515, p26
The article presents an update on chemical prices. Costs of naphtha has declined in Asia in January 2005. Among the factors that contributed to the decline in butadiene prices include excess supply and weak demand. Prices of ethylene in the United States were at 60 cents per pound.
- C2 offers up US$100. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 428, p26
Reports on the spot prices of several bulk chemicals as of December 22, 2003. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene; Methanol.
- Ethylene on a slide. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/29/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 439, p26
Reports on the prices of several chemicals in the Asian chemical market from March 29 to April 4, 2004. Price of ethylene; Increase in the price of naphtha; Decline in the market price of propylene.
- Paraxylene reaches new high point. // European Chemical News;2/10/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2039, p13
Provides information on the prices of several chemicals, as of February 2003. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene; Butadiene; Benzene; Paraxylene; Orthoxylene; Styrene.
- SPOT BULK CHEMICAL PRICES, $/TONNE. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p40
The article presents a summary of spot bulk prices of chemicals in the market, in dollars per ton, as of February 6, 2006. Chemicals included in the summary are naphtha, ethylene and butadiene.