Global markets thin but steady
- C2 slides on PE price resistance. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/17/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 393, p24
Reports on the decline of C2 and polyethylene prices, as of March 2003. Reasons behind the decline; Impact on ethylene margins; Effect of naphtha price increases on C2 and ethylene prices.
- Methanol tumbles. // Asian Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 409, p26
Reports on the prices of several chemicals. Methanol; Naphtha; Ethylene.
- Outage prompts isomer upswing. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;6/23/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2058, p12
Presents information on the market prices of chemicals in Europe as of June 23, 2003. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene. INSET: ABBREVIATIONS AND CURRENCY NOTES.
- PE drags down C2. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;12/6/2004, Vol. 11 Issue 471, p26
Presents an update on prices of bulk chemicals in Asia as of December 2004. Influence of weak polyethylene markets on ethylene prices; Factors that contributed to the strong price of naphtha; Information on the price gap in buying and selling butadiene.
- Supply concerns boost Asian prices. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;10/3/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 509, p26
Presents an update on chemical prices as of October 2005. Decline in naphtha prices in the U.S. due to Hurricane Rita; Factors that led to the increase in ethylene prices; Increase in ammonia prices in Asia.
- Styrene pressurised by imports. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;4/21/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2049, p13
Reports on the prices of chemicals as of April 27, 2003. Naphtha; Ethylene; Propylene.
- Naphtha going strong. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 435, p26
Presents updates on prices of chemicals around the world as of March 1, 2004. Prices of naphtha; Factors that influenced the price of ethylene; Gap between offers and bids for propylene; Shipment of cargoes of butadiene.
- Ethylene climbs as demand rises. Todd, Martin // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p13
Looks at the market prices of several chemicals in Europe as of March 9, 2003, with emphasis on the market demand for ethylene. Naphtha; Propylene; Butadiene.
- Sentiment softens on weak demand. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;11/21/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 515, p26
The article presents an update on chemical prices. Costs of naphtha has declined in Asia in January 2005. Among the factors that contributed to the decline in butadiene prices include excess supply and weak demand. Prices of ethylene in the United States were at 60 cents per pound.