- innovation. // Chemical Week;4/3/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p22
Presents updates on technological innovations in the European chemical industry, as of April 3, 2002. Information on an enzyme that catalyses a fluorination reaction identified by researchers from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland; Details of the renovation of a house by the company...
- INNOVATION. O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;6/27/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2153, p25
Presents news briefs concerning innovations in the chemical industry in Europe as of June 30, 2005. Proposal by the European Commission of an action plan for nanosciences and nanotechnologies (N&N), setting out its priorities for keeping Europe among the leaders in N&N research; Development by...
- Custom Manufacturers Target Chiral Chemistry, Catalysis, and Bioscience. Van Arnum, Patricia // Pharmaceutical Technology;Mar2006, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p66
The article reports on developments concerning the fine chemicals market as of March 2006. Western custom manufacturers are developing specialized technologies in chiral chemistry, catalysis, and biosciences. The board of Degussa has approved the establishment of a research and development...
- Something special. Baker, John // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p21
Explains that Badische Anilin und Soda-Fabrik AG, a Germany chemical and biotechnology company, thrives on innovation. Necessity of new business development units to the company; Importance of healthy sales in new products for the company; Research and development facilities of the company in...
- BASF to Develop New Generic APIs. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p36
Reports on the plan of BASF to develop new generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) as of January 21, 2004. Reason for the move; Application of API; Background on the API technology of BASF.
- Spreading the Wealth Thinly. // Pharmaceutical Executive;Dec2010, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p15
The article reports on the 1 billion dollar federal grants program for biotechnology companies which provide vital support for thousands of drug development projects in the U.S.
- BASF Opens R&D Lab at European University. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/7/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 14, p6
Reports on BASF's opening of a research laboratory at the Institut de Science et d'Ingenierie Supramoleculaires (ISIS), Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg, France. BASF's goal to link its research and development (R&D) activities closer to academia; Percentage of BASF's R&D expenditures...
- BASF Plastics Meet Challenges of Sustainable Growth. // China Chemical Reporter;4/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p14
The article reports on BASF SE's global strategy "We Create Chemistry" which aimed at promoting sustainable growth in China and in the Asia Pacific region by introducing new chemical products, new processes and solutions as well as new technology.
- SPECIALTIES. // Chemical Week;10/26/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 26, p32
This section presents an update on issues related to the specialty chemicals industry. BASF expanded its application laboratory in Ludwigshafen, Germany to accommodate epoxy resin systems. A. Schulman plans to construct a masterbatch facility in western India. Cargill formed a partnership with...