Chinese say river pollution not worsened
- Harbin hit by chemicals blast. Lazell, Mark // ICIS Chemical Business;4/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p12
The article reports on an explosion that occurred at a methanol and toluene storage facility at the Harbin Xinxing Chemical Plant, which is situated close to the Songhua river. The Russian Khabarovsk region's Natural Resources Ministry will order the use of absorbent carbon in the water supply...
- Explosion at Chinese Plant Kills 22. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/9/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 26, p15
The article reports on the explosion and fire at the site of Fuyuan Chemical Plant in Linhai, China on July 28, 2006. The explosion occurred during trial runs at a recently completed fluorobenzene plant. The Fuyuan site is a major producer of fluorochemicals. The plant has a history of violating...
- China's Familiar Pattern in Handling The Water Pollution Crisis Caused By a Chemical Plant Explosion. // Chinascope;Dec2005, p6
Discusses the way in which the Chinese government handled the water pollution crisis due to an explosion in the Benzene Production Plant of the Jilian Petroleum Co. on November 13, 2005. Number of people who died and were injured during the incident; Effort by government officials to cover...
- Factory probe. FEINGOLD, JEFF // New Hampshire Business Review;6/18/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p4
The article reports that the court documents on May 14, 2010 explosion at the Millennium Designed Muzzleloaders plant indicate possible violations involving the storage, manufacturing and handling of explosive materials.
- Explosion at a paraxylene plant heightens Chinese public's concerns. // Loss Prevention Bulletin;Aug2013, Issue 232, p2
The article reports on an explosion at a paraxylene plant in Zhangzhou in Fuijan province in China.
- La: Two chem plant blasts in two days. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jul2013, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p12
The article reports on the explosions at the Williams Olefins and CF Industries chemical plants in Louisiana.
- Blast in a powder-coating unit. // Paintindia;Dec2013, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p169
The article reports on the explosion inside Dhanlaxmi Powder Coating unit in Saki Naki, neighborhood of Andheri east suburb of Mumbai, India.
- Regulatory Agencies Study Accident That Kills Five at Pennsylvania Site. // Chemical Market Reporter;03/01/99, Vol. 255 Issue 9, p5
Reports on the investigation by federal safety officials at a chemicals plant near Allentown, Pennsylvania due to an explosion on February 19, 1999. Damages caused by the explosion; Information on the incident.
- Ammonia Blast at Kertih Kills One. // Chemical Week;11/20/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 46, p21
Reports the explosion at a pipe carrying ammonia in Kertih, Malaysia on November 11, 2002. Cause of the accident.