EU rail plan not on track
- Standard gauge to reach Marijampole. // Railway Gazette International;Sep2013, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the contracts signed by Lithuania's national railway LG for the standard gauge line from Poland to Å estokai, which is the initial stage of the Rail Baltica project that will link Poland with the wider European Union rail network.
- Signalling TSI revised. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2016, Vol. 172 Issue 3, p12
The article reports on an unanimous vote by the EU's Railway Interoperability 8c Safety Committee in favour of the proposed recast of the Control Command & Signaling TSI following 18 months of preparatory work by the European Railway Agency as the system authority for ETCS.
- Opening a gateway between east and west. Jackson, Christopher // Railway Gazette International;Nov2011, Vol. 167 Issue 11, p3
The author reflects on opportunities for rail expansion across the European Union (EU) due to the strengthening of relationships with the rest of the EU. He presents an overview of the region's turbulent history that has left a complex legacy of cross-border routes and breaks of gauge. He also...
- The Liberalization Process of the Railway Sector in Romania and European Union Countries. BUSU, Cristian; BUSU, Mihail // Review of International Comparative Management / Revista de Mana;2015, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p305
While the railway sector has historically been an important component of the transport industry in the EU, it has seen, in the last 30 years, its market share constantly declining in comparison with other modes of transport (especially road transport), both for freight and passenger transport...
- Pain in Spain limits European dimension. // Railway Gazette International;Mar2015, Vol. 171 Issue 3, p41
The article reports on promotion of trans-European networks by the European Union through its TEN-T initiatives, and mentions the high speed rail line between Paris, France and Madrid, Spain and other railroad construction projects that faced problems.
- New European links. Carding, Tony // Traffic World;04/13/98, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p46
Presents information as it relates to a proposal made by the European Commission to establish a rail which links two ports, as part of a trans-European network. Reference to two of the ports which are expected to be linked; How port authorities are viewing the proposal.
- Europe's great rail bazaar: Passes vs separate tickets. // Consumer Reports Travel Letter;Apr97, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p76
Compares the privileges offered by European rail passes with those by separate rail tickets. Five-country Europass program; Saverpass version of Eurailpass; Eurailpass; Benelux and Scanrail passes; European East Pass; Balkan Flexipass; National passes; Regional passes; Cty passes; Types and...
- Successful trial on HS1. // Modern Railways;Sep2011, Vol. 68 Issue 756, p12
The article discusses the testing of a freight car from Europe on the High Speed 1 railway by DB SchenkerRail on July 23, 2011.
- Trains without frontiers. // Finished Vehicle Logistics;Oct-Dec2015, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p97
The article discusses the economic and regulatory difficulties in the European rail networks despite the progress made in improving cross-border European rail flows with state-owned operators still the strongest competitors.