- A shorter chemical chain. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;07/21/97, Vol. 251 Issue 3, p27
Reports on business logistics strategies by the chemical industry in the United States. Study conducted by A.T. Kearney Inc. showing that the industry has the potential to reap benefits of supply chain management; Estimated supply-chain costs for a chemical manufacturer; Reluctance by industry...
- Global Transportation. D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;1/17/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p19
Discusses the global logistics strategies of chemical companies. Assessment of logistic contracts of multinational chemical firms; Benefits of online logistics; Challenges facing chemical companies in their logistic operations.
- Building an Improved European Chemical Network. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/20/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 21, pFR6
Reports that chemical companies have set up networks of hubs and storage depots across Europe to improve the delivery of service to customers. Companies raising the standard of logistics; Increase in the use of outsourcing scheme in logistics. INSET: Transportation M&A.
- Value Proposition to Be Boosted By On-Boarding in Chemicals. Glasgow, Bo // Chemical Market Reporter;03/12/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the supply chain practices of the chemical industry in North America. Advantages of Web-based sharing of information across the supply chain; Benefits of participating in an integrated supply chain hub.
- Europe Faces Rising Bar in Chemical Logistics. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/24/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 18, pFR6
Reports on the regulatory requirements in chemical logistics in Europe. Need for small- and medium-sized companies to upgrade the information technology equipment; Compliance to obligatory tracing and tracking systems; Regulations on transportation of hazardous goods.
- The death of the old economy is greatly exaggerated. // Chemical Week;9/27/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 36, special section p20
Focuses on the impact of the Internet on the chemical logistics industry. Services offered by BDP International to the chemical industry; Efforts of the company to deal with the challenges brought by the emergence of the Internet.
- Global Watch: Latin America Seeking to Improve Logistics. Bianchi, Monica // Chemical Market Reporter;7/21/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 2, p24
Reports on the effort to improve the logistics and transportation of chemicals in Latin America to enhance the region's chemical industry. Adoption of an approach to logistics taken by the European Council for the Chemical Industry; Strategic alliances forged by logistics providers and...
- GOOD CHEMISTRY in the Supply Chain. Morton, Roger // Logistics Today;Oct2003, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p30
Discusses the supply chain system of chemical companies in the United States. Compliance with rules and regulations, safety and security measures and supply chain monitoring; Role of technology in efficient management of logistics operations; BASF's use of Qualcomm technology and landlines to...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2050, p17
Presents an update of issues related to logistics and distribution in the chemical industry of Europe as of April 28, 2003. Agreement between Unichem and Shipley Co.; Expansion of the distribution agreement between Ashland Distribution and Multibase; Award given to Badische Anilin und...