Hopes for TiO2 hikes
- More TiO[sub 2] price hikes loom. GUZMAN, DORIS DE // ICIS Chemical Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 18, p22
The article offers information on the possibility of price hikes of titanium dioxide in 2011 as predicted by its producers. It is stated that low inventories, a lack of greenfield capacity in the Western market, rising global demand and increasing raw material costs will lead to an increase in...
- TiO2 Producers Set to Raise Prices, Again. BEWLEY, LINDSEY // Chemical Week;8/29/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 21, p29
The article reports on the plan of North American titanium dioxide producers to raise prices again after hiking prices by 10% in the second quarter of 2011.
- Demand Rebound Brightens the Outlook for TiO2. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/26/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 18, p33
Examines the titanium oxide industry for 2004. Percentage of demand increase for titanium oxide; Current price in regional markets; Price increase sought by producers; Failure of production capacity to meet the increased demand.
- TiO2 buyers feel the pain. PARMAR, AMANDEEP // ICIS Chemical Business;6/20/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 22, p32
The article reports that prices of high-quality titanium dioxide (Ti02) are rising steeply thanks to short supply and increased demand, and may remain restricted until at least 2015. Undercapacity, feedstock shortages and strong demand are the major factors for the shortage and price rise....
- Titanium Dioxide Market Still Faces Hurdles to a Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p21
Presents an overview of the titanium dioxide market in the U.S. for the year 2003. Impact of the economic conditions for the industry; Production of titanium dioxide; Price increases for titaniumn dioxide; Implications for the chemical industry.
- TiO [sub 2] Producers Increase Prices To Recover Costs. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;07/24/2000, Vol. 258 Issue 4, p1
Looks at the performance of the titanium dioxide industry in the first half of 2000. Consumption and production of titanium dioxide in the United States; Demand for the chemical; Increase in prices.
- Europe Ti02 buyers predict Q3 price initiatives will fail. GAL, JANOS // ICIS Chemical Business;6/17/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p22
The article reports on the insight of European buyers that the price increase schemes of major titanium dioxide (Ti02) manufacturers will not be successful due to the availability of more supply in 2013.
- TiO[sub2] Continues to Rebound Globally. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/29/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the market performance of titanium dioxide as of April 2002. Implementation of the price increases announced in the first quarter; Increase in the demand for titanium dioxide in several countries; Status of European inventories and operating rates for the chemical.
- A year of two halves for TiO[sub 2] says Millennium chief. Bianchi, Monica // European Chemical News;11/10/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2076, p10
Presents information on the demand for titanium dioxide and performance chemicals being offered by Millennium Chemicals in 2003. Reason for the decrease in some market share in Europe; Financial implications of the implementation of price increases; Expected continuation of price erosion.