Brazil's PQU's earnings and net income drop
- Unipar invests in Capuava site. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;4/14/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2048, p27
Reports on the plan of Polietilenos Uniao, a subsidiary of Uniao de Industria Petroquimica, to boost polyethylene capacity at its Capuava complex in Brazil. Amount to be invested by the company to boost output; Move of Petroquimica Uniao to increase ethylene production at Capuava; Plan of...
- NEW PROJECTS. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p26
The article offers news briefs on the chemical industry as of February 6, 2006. Centocor has received a grant from the Irish Industrial Development Agency towards the cost of building a biopharmaceutical plant in Cork, Ireland. The board of Brazilian petrochemicals producer Petroquimica Uniao...
- Braskem sees its earnings fall 42%. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p15
The article reports on the profits posted by Brazil-based Braskem SA in the first quarter of 2006. The company's earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization declined 42% to Real 400 million (â‚¬152 million/$193 million) during the first quarter of 2006, compared with the...
- All in the timing. Jagger, Anna; O'Driscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;2/7/2005, Vol. 82 Issue 2133, p18
Focuses on the success of Brazilian petrochemicals group Unipar in the industry. Plan of Unipar affiliate PetroquÃmica UniÃ£o to expand ethylene capacity at the Capuava chemicals complex in SÃ£o Paulo; Significance of the construction of the petrochemicals facility in Brazil, according...
- PqU Board Dismisses Dow Brazil President. Sissell, Ara // Chemical Week;4/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the decision of the board of Brazil's smallest petrochemical complex Petroquimica Uni atilde o (PqU) to dismiss Dow Brazil president Jos Ã© Eduardo Senise. Replacement for Senise; Percentage of Dow's stake in PqU; Members of the Rio Polimeros consortium.
- NEW PROJECTS. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;12/5/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2174, p18
The article presents an update on chemical plant projects as of December 2005. The polymer intermediates division of Lonza plans to boost production capacity for malic acid at its facility in Scanzorosciate, Italy. Nippon Oil will be investing in its first cumene plant in Japan. Petroquimica...
- Brazil sells PqU stake.... // Chemical Week;2/2/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 4, p5
Reports on the Brazilian government's privatization of the Petroquimica Uniao cracker. State petrochemical holding company Petroquisa's reduction of its majority stake in Petroquimica; Companies which acquired interests in Petroquimica; Other investors in Petroquimica.
- PqU sale rescheduled. // Chemical Week;8/25/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the rescheduling by Brazil's privatization commission of the selloff of Petroquimica Uniao until October 15, 1993. Reduction in shareholding by Petroquisa; Likely bidders.
- Privatization proceeds on a slow track. FS // Chemical Week;11/17/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 19, p28
Reports on the slow progress of Brazilian privatization efforts. Uncertain selloff of Petroquimica Uniao (PqU); Unclear government pricing policy for naphtha; Difficulty of assessing potential cash flow of PqU and evaluating investments for modernization; Environmental liabilities to be assumed...