SCAC expands to tackle hard times
- Bayer Enters PC Pact With Shanghai Chem. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/3/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 9, p24
Reports that Bayer AG and Shanghai Chlor Alkali Chemicals Co. Ltd. have signed a contract for the Bayer Polymers Shanghai Co. Ltd., a joint venture that will build a production plant for Makrolon polycarbonate at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in China.
- Company News. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/15/99, Vol. 255 Issue 7, p3
Reports on news briefs concerning chemical businesses. Joint venture being considered by Solvay and Shanghai Chlor Alkali Chemical (SCAC) to produce and sell polyvinyl chloride compounds in China; Plans of DSM to invest in an enzyme plant to be built in Delft, the Netherlands; Details on the...
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;10/27/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 33, p31
This section offers news briefs related to basic chemicals and plastics. Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) profitability is forecast to be low in the short term as demand growth will be slower than capacity increases. Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical has approved a 10-year supply agreement signed by its...
- Bayer to Build $450 MM Plant in China. Landau, Peter // Chemical Market Reporter;11/08/99, Vol. 256 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the letter of intent signed by Bayer with Shanghai Chloroalkali Co. to build a world-scale plant at its Makrolon polycarbonate at the Shanghai Chemical Industrial Park in Caojing, China. Implication of the deal on position of Bayer in polycarbonate producers; Significance of the...
- China still building carbide-based PVC. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/16/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p19
Reports on the growth of calcium carbide-based polyvinyl chloride (PVC) projects in China. Sinochem International's plans for a carbide-based PVC facility in Inner Mongolia; Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical's decision to produce PVC using the carbide route; Margins of carbide-based PVC producers.
- Other companies. Young, Ian; Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;8/31/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 8, pS56
Discusses business plans of Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical and Shanghai Pacific Chemical. Details of projects of companies.
- Tosoh chooses Guangdong for PVC. // Asian Chemical News;12/15/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 427, p20
Reports on the decision of Tosoh to build its polyvinyl chloride facility in Guangdong, China. Alternative sites for the project; Possible joint venture between the company and Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical on the project; Intention of Tosoh to import vinyl chloride monomer from its plant in...
- CEC polishes China service. Webb, Joanne // European Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2081, p26
Reports on the selection of Chlorine Engineers of Tokyo, Japan to supply BiTAC electrolysers to a caustic soda production facility for the joint venture between Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical and Shanghai Tian Yuan in China. Features of the electrolyser; Capacity of the production facility.
- Leading Chinese Chlor-Alkali Producers Halt Partial Production. // China Chemical Reporter;1/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p9
The article reports that the Shanghai Tian Yuan Huasheng Chemical Co. Ltd.'s, dichloroethane (EDC) line at the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park (SCIP) has stopped production for two weeks by December 25, 2008. According to Xu Peiwen, board secretary of Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical Co. the...