ASIA & Middle East
- SWOT Analysis. // Mitsubishi Rayon Company, Limited SWOT Analysis;Mar2010, p1
A profile of Tokyo, Japan-based Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd., which is involved in the manufacture of specialty polymer chemicals, is presented. An overview of the company's operations and financial performance is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and...
- Japan's M&A opportunity. CHANG, JOSEPH // ICIS Chemical Business;10/24/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 13, p35
The article offers information on the Mergers and acquisitions (M&A) opportunities in the West for the chemical companies of Japan, for increasing their growth plans. According to Young & Partners LLC, from 2006 to the first half of 2011, 25 chemical deals were made, which involved either...
- Mitsubishi Rayon, Ube, GE Japan Agree to Merge ABS Units. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p21
Deals with the merger of Mitsubishi Rayon's acrylonitrile butadiene styrene business with Ube Cycon. Terms of the agreement; Information on Ube Cycon.
- MOC Approves Mitsubishi Takeover of Lucite with Conditions. // China Chemical Reporter;5/16/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p7
The article reports on the approval of the Ministry of Commerce of China (MOC) concerning the planned takeover of Japan-based Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd. to Great Britain-based Lucite International Group. On December 22, 2008, Mitsubishi applied to MOC for approval on its acquisition of Lucite to...
- Mitsubishi Rayon Buys Lucite to Become Leader in MMA. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/17/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 35, p8
The article reports on the confirmation by Mitsubishi Rayon that it has acquired Lucite International. Mitsubishi Rayon has agreed with Lucite's biggest shareholder, private equity firm Charterhouse Capital Partners, to buy all of Lucite for $1.6 billion in cash, including refinancing of...
- Incitec Pivot profit hit by gas supply reduction. Macdonald-Smith, Angela // Australian Financial Review (0404-2018);7/9/2015, p26
The article reports on the warning of explosives and fertilisers maker Incitec Pivot Ltd. of profit hit due to a cut of its gas supplies from the troubled Moranbah venture of cleaner energy company Arrow Energy in Queensland in 2015.
- Companies ink pivotal deal for fertile future. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;3/3/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2042, p8
Reveals the merger between Australian fertilizer and chemical company Incitec and privately held fertilizer company Pivot in 2003.
- Orica Plans Fertilizer Mergers, Herbicide Sale. // Chemical Week;8/24/2002-9/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 34, p8
Reports the decision of Orica to merge its subsidiary Incitec with Pivot in September 2002. Outlook for the sales of the merged company; Market share projected for the fertilizers market in eastern Australia; Cost savings that would result from the merger.
- Incitec-Pivot Deal Kicks Off Australian Fertilizer Restructuring. Forster, Christine; Young, Ian // Chemical Week;9/11/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 35, p19
Focuses on the announced merger between Incitec and Pivot. Implication of the deal to the fertilizer sector of Australia; Information on the deal.