Greater demand fuels Degussa result
- Mixed bag for Q2. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p11
The article reports on the profits posted by some chemical firms in Europe. Swiss speciality chemicals group Clariant AG blames restructuring charges, and higher energy, logistics and raw materials costs for its sharp 46% drop in second quarter operating profit to SF62 million (â‚¬39.4...
- Clariant's Q1 rises 'satisfactory'. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;5/15/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p10
The article reports on the profits posted by Europe-based Clariant AG in the first quarter of 2006. The company's first-quarter operating income rose by 12% to SF156 million before exceptional items; cost-cutting helped to offset higher raw material, energy and logistics costs. The chemical...
- Polymers fuel profits. // European Chemical News;5/19/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2053, p6
Reports on the financial performance posted by Degussa in the first quarter of 2003. Value of the company's operating profits for the period; Forecast of the company on its sales and operational profit for the full year.
- Successfully different. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;3/31/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 395, pI
Features speciality chemicals group Degussa. Factors that characterize the company's organizational structure; Revenues posted in financial year 2002; Business ties with China.
- Degussa feels change of wind in second quarter. // European Chemical News;8/18/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2065, p6
Predicts the decline in the corporate earnings of chemical company Degussa in the second quarter of 2003. Factors contributing to the projected decline.
- Degussa under close scrutiny. Davis, Nigel; Richardson, John // ICIS Chemical Business;3/13/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p18
This article presents an outlook for the chemicals business of Degussa in 2006 as of March 2006. The issues for Degussa now are how it performs without its strong construction chemicals division. Management has played down the loss of revenues and profits but at the annual results press...
- Degussa Issues Profits Warning. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/7/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 41, p19
Announces the profit warning issued by chemical firm Degussa for the year 2001. Statistics on corporate earnings; Reduction in the firm's workforce; Cost control measures to be implemented by Degussa in 2002.
- Specialties and Fine Chemicals Bolster Degussa's Earnings. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;5/22/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 21, p29
Reports that Degussa AG posted an increase in operating profits and sales from its core specialty and fine chemicals businesses in the first quarter of 2002. Reason performance chemicals' profits more than doubled in the said period; Reason earnings in Degussa's health and nutrition division...
- Degusa Posts Decline In Operating Income. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the decrease in operating income of Degussa for the first half of 2001. Key factor that enabled the company's health and nutrition division to increase sales; Financial performance of the fine and industrial chemicals division of the company.