- Workers Receive 3% Pay Increase. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;6/9/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 22, p20
Reports on the 3% pay raise received by chemical industry workers in the German state of North Rhine Westphalia, effective June 1, 1999, which was accepted by the IG BCE chemical trade union and BAVC, the chemical employers' federation. Remarks from Werner Bischoff, IG BCE's head of bargaining;...
- ...along with German wages. // Chemical Week;10/9/96, Vol. 158 Issue 38, p8
Reports on demonstrations staged by chemical workers in eastern Germany to demand an increase in wages equal to those of their counterparts in western Germany.
- Eastern German pay accord. // Chemical Week;6/28/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the agreement between employers and trade unions on a three-stage wage increase for eastern German chemical employees.
- German wage deal. // Chemical Week;1/19/1994, Vol. 154 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the agreement of chemical workers in West Germany to a reduction in real wages in 1994. IG Chemie union's representation of the workers; Pay increase for workers in the North Rhine; Offer of greater flexibility in working hours; Call for chemical companies to take steps to secure...
- German pay row. // Chemical Week;1/25/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p8
Reports that the German chemical union IG Chemie is looking for a pay settlement of six percent, a rate above Germany's 2.5 to 2.7% inflation rate in upcoming pay negotiations. Group's rationale for the demand.
- Wages in Industrial Chemicals and Petroleum Refining. // Monthly Labor Review;Sep66, Vol. 89 Issue 9, p994
Summarizes surveys of wages and related benefits in the industrial chemicals and petroleum refining industries conducted by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 1965. Average and distribution of straight-time earnings; Wages by occupations; Establishment practices concerning wages and...
- business & finance news. // Chemical Week;5/21/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p14
Presents business and finance updates on the chemical industry as of May 2003. Agreement of the IG BCE trade union to the pay rise proposed by chemical industry employers in Germany; Completion of Soros Private Equity Partners' acquisition of PolymerLatex; Profits of Kauchuk in the first quarter.
- Industry needs to cultivate talent. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;5/20/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 17, Special section p17
The article focuses on the issues in the chemical distribution industries in the U.S. It mentions that staff recruitment and retention are important in the competitive world of chemical distributions. It notes on the Brenntag management which developed a method of promoting and maintaining...
- Where east meets west. Williams, Dede; Odriscoll, Cath // European Chemical News;10/11/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2119, p24
Discusses how East Germany differentiates itself from its fellow former-communist states for European and Asian investors. Percentage of the population in Bradenburg which is unemployed; Impact of a union agreement on the wages of chemical employees; Information on European Union-approved...