THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- WORLD SCENE. // Chemical Business;Jul2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p55
Presents news briefs related to the chemical industry as of July 2000. Study tour of the chemical industry of Romania organized by the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe on September 17 to 24, 2000; Plans of BASF company to build another ethylene plant in Asia; Letter of intent...
- NEW PROJECTS. // Asian Chemical News;10/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 420, p18
Presents a list of new projects in the Asian chemical industry for the week of October 6 to 12, 2003. Shanghai Wujing Chemical Co. in China; Indian Oil Corp. in Gujarat, India; Honam Petrochemical in Yeochun, South Korea.
- ASIA/PACIFIC. // Chemical Week;3/16/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 9, p15
Presents updates on the chemical industry in Asia as of March 2005. Approval given to the plan of Sinopec to purchase Yanhua shares; Contract of Thai Olefins Co. with integrated polyvinyl chloride producer Vinythai.
- Shanghai Huayi considers fine chemicals. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;4/5/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 440, p25
Reveals that Shanghai Huayi (Group) Co. is considering investing in fine-chemicals projects in the Shanghai Chemical Industry Park in China in 2004. Locations of the projects; Joint venture of the company with BASF, Huntsman, Sinopec Gaoqiao and Shanghai Chlor-Alkali Chemical; Acetic acid...
- Shanghai Wuking to add 50ktpa EA line. // Asian Chemical News;4/28/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 399, p29
Reports on the plan of Shanghai Wujing Chemical to add a 50,000 ton/year of ethyl acetate line in Wujing, Shanghai, China. Estimated cost of the project; Capacity of an acetic acid unit operated by the company.
- Celanese and SWCC Sign Letter of Intent For Acetic Acid JV. Savage, Eleanor Van // Chemical Market Reporter;06/12/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p3
Reports that Celanese AG and Shanghai Wujing Chemical Corp. signed a letter of intent to study the formation of a joint venture for the production of acetic acid. Details on the planned joint venture; Information on both companies.
- VNT to Double VCM Capacity in Thailand. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/15/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the decision of Vinythai PLC to double the vinyl chloride monomer capacity of its plant in Map Ta Phut, Thailand in November 2004. Estimated cost of the expansion; Schedule of construction and completion.
- Celanese Plans China Acetic Acid JV. Wood, Andrew // Chemical Week;6/14/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 23, p19
Deals with the joint venture plans of Celanese company with Shanghai Wujing Chemical Corp. Expansion of acetic acid plant; Account of similar plans from BP Amoco Chemicals.
- 5-MINUTE BUSINESS WATCH. // Asian Chemical News;8/22/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 504, p4
Presents updates on issues and events concerning the global chemical industry for the week ending September 4, 2005. Outlook for the performance of stocks in the U.S. chemical industry for the second half of the year; Financial results posted by Vinythai during the second quarter; Decline in...