Britannica Takes Content to Ever- Growing Mobile Platforms
- Better shopper e-service leads to more e-dollars. Rosenzweig // Westchester County Business Journal;12/27/99, Vol. 38 Issue 52, p4
Focuses on the need for electronic retailers to improve customer service in the United States. Effect of customer service on company profits; Problems with the completion of online shopping; Failure of Encyclopedia Britannica Inc.'s Web site; Need for the identification of shopper-related...
- for future reference. Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;3/15/2006, Vol. 131 Issue 5, p100
This article reports on various news related to electronic encyclopedias. Xrefer, a provider of customizable reference collections for libraries since 1999, has signed an agreement with Encyclopedia Britannica to integrate "Britannica Concise Encyclopedia" into its Xreferplus Ready-Reference...
- Contracts & Agreements... // Educational Marketer;06/18/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the agreement signed by customized course book publisher Open Mind and educational digital product maker Britannica.com Inc. in 2001.
- This week. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;03/26/99, Issue 478, p93
Presents information on the British Invasion, the Website of Encyclopedia Britannica Inc. Topics covered in the site; Features of the site.
- Who'll rule Britannica? Try A to Z. Borden, Jeff // Crain's Chicago Business;4/10/95, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p3
Cites the potential partners or purchasers of Encyclopaedia Britannica Inc. Consumer products of Encyclopaedia Britannica; Financial performance; Need for capital to upgrade its on-line encyclopedia.
- BIG Encyclopedia. // Adweek Western Edition;10/20/97, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p59
Reports on the launching of a web site called the Britannica Internet Guide by Encyclopedia Britannica. Address of the web site; What the site uses for Web navigation;
- Not for the ordinary Jo. // American Libraries;May94, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p446
Comments on Britannica Instant Research Service (BIRS). Quote from Joseph Esposito, president of Encyclopedia Britannica, North America, who says that the services are not designed for the ordinary user.
- Britannica for sale. // Christian Science Monitor;5/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 124, p20
Editorial. Reports on the move of the publishers of Encyclopedia Britannica (EC) to sell Britannica. Publishers losing money; Fall in sales; Publication of a CD-ROM version of EC; Online service from EC; Praise from researchers and students.
- Britannica closes book on door-to-door sales. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/29/96, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p6
Reports that Encyclopaedia Britannica Incorporated revealed that they are closing the door-to-door sales method. What they will focus on; Number of jobs to be eliminated; Background information on the company.