TTC, Temple University Top Lighter Slate of Offerings
- Moody's Gives Pittsburgh More Good News With Another Upgrade. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/10/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32027, p7
The article reports on the Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s decision to upgrade Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Ba1 from Ba2. The decision was made in response to the adoption of a long-term financial recovery plan and tax code changes that are expected to generate more revenues and help to build-up...
- Moody's Spotlights Michigan Schools' Fiscal Woes. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34394, p1
The Holland School District's sharp and unexpected enrollment decline illustrates the widespread credit challenges many Michigan districts face, says Moody's Investors Service.
- Subprime Hangover Continues, Rates Low Despite Stock Surge. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;7/23/2007, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p5
The article reports on the decrease in mortgage rates and rate-indicative 10-year Treasury yield for the week ended July 21, 2007 in the U.S. Bear Stearns Cos. Inc. announces that there is effectively no value left for the investors in the Enhanced Leverage Fund. It was also cited that one of...
- Dilution. Bergquist, Erick // American Banker;7/15/2004, Vol. 169 Issue 135, p11
Examines how heavy issuance of home equity bonds caused the rate of delinquencies of 60 days or more in Moody's Investors Service Inc.'s index composite to drop 49 basis points in March of 2004. How the level was much lower than the first quarter average as well; Comments by Henry Engelken, a...
- American Tower raises $420M in note sale. // RCR Wireless News;1/27/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the sale of subordinated discount notes by American Tower Corp. Use of the proceeds from the sale; Response from Bears, Stearns & Co.; Credit rating given by Moody's Investor Service to American Tower.
- $25 billion of bonds downgraded; possible further downgrade ahead. Marquez, Carlos // Caribbean Business;5/11/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 18, p2
The article reports that $25 billion of outstanding government bonds were downgraded by Moody's Investors Service Inc. and there is a possibility of further downgrade ahead. In addition to the commonwealth's $7.2 billion of outstanding general obligation bonds, $3.5 billion of...
- Bear Stearns Leads Trend of Beefing Up in Fixed Income. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/9/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31423, p27
Reports the increasing fixed-income revenues of Bear Stearns & Co. in Chicago, Illinois. Stability of mortgage business performance; Focus on fixed-income securities; Sales from the underwriting sector.
- Market Post: Muni Rally Pauses with No Supply, Weaker Treasuries. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;11/1/2013, Vol. 122 Issue F343, p1
The article offers information on weakening treasuries with increase in bond prices by double-digits and decrease in 10-year yield to 2.55 percent. It mentions that two-year yield rose to 0.32 percent and the 10-year yield increased to 2.55 percent. It also states that Canadian investment bank...
- Munis Mixed in Quiet Trading Day. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32835, p2
The article reports on the financial performance of the municipal market in the U.S. Traders said firmness seen on short and intermediate maturities is being offset by weakness on the long end curve. Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. priced retail investors $1 billion of power supply revenue bonds for the...