XLCA Hires MBIA Vets For Public Finance Dept
- XLCA Set to Expand in Response to Growing Investor Demand for Liquidity. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;1/29/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31810, p6
Reports on the business operations of XL Capital Assurance (XLCA) Inc. in New York City. Hiring of several members for its expansion; Influence of investors' demand for greater liquidity on the rush expansion of the company; Financial performance of XLCA for the first three quarters.
- XLCA Hires Asset Securitization VP. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p6
Reports the hiring of Jorge Gana, vice president in the commercial asset securitization group of XL Capital Assurance Inc.
- People in Insurance. // Best's Review;Jun2006, Vol. 107 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on developments related to executives in the insurance industry in the United States as of June 1, 2006. John Gallagher has been appointed XL Capital Ltd.'s chief underwriting officer of the company's global property operations. David Greenfield has been named chief financial...
- New Guarantor XLCA Gets Ready to Compete in the Primary Market. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p7
Focuses on the business status of XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a public finance guarantor in the United States. Preparations undertaken by XLCA for its municipal bond deals; Stability of the company in the business market; Bond insurance provided by XLCA for Long Island Power Authority.
- XL Capital Gets VP For Consumer ABS. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on appointment of Deborah Murnin as vice president of consumer asset-backed finance in XL Capital Assurance Inc. Educational and career background of Murnin; Job responsibilities.
- Monolines Take Issue With Warnings About Statutory Capital Levels. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/12/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32898, p7
The article reports on the warning of senior credit analyst Rob Haines to three bond insurers in New York namely XL Capital Assurance Inc., CIFG Assurance NA and Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., regarding their statutory capital levels. Haines said that these companies are approaching insurance...
- XL Takes $647M Reserve Hit. Ha, Michael // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;1/19/2004, Vol. 108 Issue 2, p5
Reports on Bermuda Islands-based insurance company XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s announcement that it its taking a $647 million after-tax charge for its 2003 fourth quarter. Major components to XL's overall reserve charge; Plan to issue convertible securities to raise at least $750 million in the...
- XLCA Gets License To Insure in Calif. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31433, p1
Reports the financial guarantee license acquired by the XL Capital Assurance Inc. in California. Issuance of insure bonds for power deal; Completion of the licensing platform; Role of bond insurer in the licensing.
- Ambac Executive Goes to XLCA to Be Director of U.S. Public Finance. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p3
Reports on XL Capital Assurance Inc.'s (XLCA) appointment of executive Michael Linko to be director of U.S. public finance. Duties of Linko; XLCA's capital infusion from its parent company; Career highlights of Linko.