Revisions Affected Over Half of S&P's Debt Derivative Profiles
- Ecuador: Debt Restructuring In Store? // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p15
Presents updates on debt financing in Ecuador as of June 2005. Plan of the government to swap bonds maturing in 2006 for new paper maturing in 2012; Reduction of the government's long-term sovereign credit rating by Standard & Poor's.
- South Africa: Global Bond Done And Dusted. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/31/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the issuance of Global 2014 bond by South Africa on May 26, 2004. Value of the bond; Plans for the proceeds; Sovereign foreign currency rating of the government; Senior unsecured debt rating of Standard & Poor's for a 10-year bond.
- Madison, N.J. GOs Raised To AAA By S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has said that it has raised its rating on the Borough of Madison, New Jersey's outstanding general obligation bonds to AAA from AA-plus based on the borough's continued strong financial performance and position with ongoing revenue-generating...
- S&P Drops West New York, N.J., to BBB-Minus; Puts City on Negative Watch. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32864, p4
The article reports on the credit rating assigned by Standard & Poor's Corp. to West New York, New Jersey. The credit rating agency downgraded the city to BBB-minus from BBB and placed credit on negative watch as officials work to secure the state's guaranty on a potential $11 million bond sale...
- New Haven, Conn., Readies $39.5 Million GO Offering. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32559, p3
The article reports on the proposal of New Haven, Connecticut to sell $39 million of fixed-rate general obligation bonds in order to pay off capital improvement and school construction projects. According to Standards & Poor's Corp. director Karl Jacob, New Haven has below average in ratings due...
- San Diego's Debt Ratings Suspended. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p1
Reports on the suspension of San Diego's debt by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in California. Reason of the suspension; Impact of the suspension on general fund-backed lease underlying ratings; Failure of the agency to provide the amount of debt affected by the suspension.
- Puerto Rico's Upcoming Sale Snags Ratings. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;6/28/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32660, p1
The article reports on the high credit ratings obtained by the $3.6 billion sales tax revenue deal, the largest bond sale in Puerto Rico. Credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service gave the bond an A1 rating while Fitch Ratings and Standard & Poor's gave the sale an A-plus. All three rating...
- Berryessa USD, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p27
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Inc. has raised the credit ratings of the general obligation bonds of Berryessa Union School District, California to AA-minus.
- S&P Boosts L.A. County POBs and Lease Revenue Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p39
The article reports on the upgrade of Los Angeles, California's pension obligation bonds and lease revenue debt ratings to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to analyst David Hitchcock, Standard & Poor's also assigned a new AA-minus issuer credit rating, effectively replacing...