Revisions Affected Over Half of S&P's Debt Derivative Profiles
- Ecuador: Debt Restructuring In Store? // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/27/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p15
Presents updates on debt financing in Ecuador as of June 2005. Plan of the government to swap bonds maturing in 2006 for new paper maturing in 2012; Reduction of the government's long-term sovereign credit rating by Standard & Poor's.
- South Africa: Global Bond Done And Dusted. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/31/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the issuance of Global 2014 bond by South Africa on May 26, 2004. Value of the bond; Plans for the proceeds; Sovereign foreign currency rating of the government; Senior unsecured debt rating of Standard & Poor's for a 10-year bond.
- Madison, N.J. GOs Raised To AAA By S&P. // Bond Buyer;12/29/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32039, p2
The article reports that Standard & Poor's Corp. has said that it has raised its rating on the Borough of Madison, New Jersey's outstanding general obligation bonds to AAA from AA-plus based on the borough's continued strong financial performance and position with ongoing revenue-generating...
- New Haven, Conn., Readies $39.5 Million GO Offering. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;2/1/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32559, p3
The article reports on the proposal of New Haven, Connecticut to sell $39 million of fixed-rate general obligation bonds in order to pay off capital improvement and school construction projects. According to Standards & Poor's Corp. director Karl Jacob, New Haven has below average in ratings due...
- San Diego's Debt Ratings Suspended. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p1
Reports on the suspension of San Diego's debt by Standard & Poor's Ratings Services in California. Reason of the suspension; Impact of the suspension on general fund-backed lease underlying ratings; Failure of the agency to provide the amount of debt affected by the suspension.
- Berryessa USD, Calif., Upgraded to AA-Minus by S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;2/6/2015, p27
The article reports that the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services Inc. has raised the credit ratings of the general obligation bonds of Berryessa Union School District, California to AA-minus.
- S&P Boosts L.A. County POBs and Lease Revenue Debt. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32644, p39
The article reports on the upgrade of Los Angeles, California's pension obligation bonds and lease revenue debt ratings to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. According to analyst David Hitchcock, Standard & Poor's also assigned a new AA-minus issuer credit rating, effectively replacing...
- Statutory Liens for Muni Defaults Not a Game Changer: S&P. // Bondbuyer.com;3/24/2015, p34
The article presents the view of Standard & Poor's Ratings Services that certain bonds secured by statutory liens are not a game changer for local government credit ratings.
- Crushed Cleveland Gets S & P Downgrade Ahead of $65M Sale. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/16/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31741, p36
Reports on the downgrade in the rating for the general obligation bonds prepared for sale in Cleveland, Ohio by Standard & Poor's Corp. Reason behind the downgrade; Proceeds of the bond sale; Schedule on the pricing of the bonds.