Two Florida School Boards Courting Retail With $222M in Debt
- Muni Yields Fall 4 to 7 Basis Points; $483M of N.Y. MTA Bonds Repriced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p2
The Municipal bond yields fell between four and seven basis points on May 8, 2003 while underwriters lowered yields by two or three basis points, depending upon the maturity, at a repricing of 483 million dollars of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) transportation revenue...
- S&P Warns of Pressure on Five Bond Insurers. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;9/9/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32214, p1
Reports on the uncertainty faced by Ambac Assurance Corp., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Financial Security Assurance Inc., and ACA Financial Guaranty Corp. due to the magnitude of their exposure in the Gulf Coast region ravaged by Hurricane Katrina. Susceptibility of...
- Insurers Announce Plan to Help Jefferson Co. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;5/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32872, p1
The article announces the issuance of about $1.7 billion in sales tax-backed debt proposed by bond insurers to help Jefferson County, Alabama solve its debt crisis. Financial Guaranty Insurance Co. and XL Capital Assurance Inc. proposed a solution in which the county would issue more bonds...
- WRAP WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/29/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p34
Several charts are presented that list the priced securities of several financial institutions in the U.S. including Ambac Financial Group Inc., Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., and Financial Security Assurance Inc.
- Jefferson County, Ala., Planning $1 Billion Offering For Schools. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/26/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31956, p1
reports that Jefferson County, Alabama, commissioners are interested in selling up to a billion dollars in revenue bonds before the end of 2004 to provide capital for the county's eleven school districts, including schools in Birmingham. Plan to secure the bonds with a one cent increase in the...
- Market may favor FGIC paper, but doesn't pay more for it. Heaton, Kenneth // Bond Buyer;04/22/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30625, p30
Reports on the absence of difference in the trading value between Financial Guaranty Insurance Co., MBIA Insurance Corp., Ambac Insurance Corp. and Financial Security Assurance. William R. Hough & Co.'s tracking of the trading parity among bond insurers; Enhancement of credits.
- Activity improves for sureties in the 2Q04. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;7/26/2004 Supp, Vol. 4, p1
Reports on the performance of financial services industry in the United States for the second quarter of 2004. Increase in Financial Security Assurance's volume from asset classes that are traditionally wrapped; Indication of strong growth of Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp.'s wrapping...
- Credit Enhancement Of Public and Rule 144A ABS. // Asset Securitization Report;7/26/2004 Supp, Vol. 4, p2
Provides data on the performance of several finance companies in the U.S. for the second quarter of 2004. Ambac; Financial Guaranty Insurance Corp.; Financial Security Assurance; MBIA; XLCA.
- Rhode Island Convention Center Authority Back With $58M Deal. D'Ambrosio, Gillian // Bond Buyer;6/24/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31663, p3
Rhode Island Convention Center Authority issued an insured, $57.71 million refunding revenue bond deal on June 24, 2003. Credit rating company Fitch Ratings Inc. assigned the Series 2003A bonds AA-minus in its first underlying rating of the authority's debt. The structure of Series 2003A bonds,...