Confidence Report to Add Inflation Expectations
- Shopper confidence wanes as uncertainty rises. // Chain Drug Review;4/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p56
The article offers information on the Conference Board Consumer Confidence Index that has fell to 59.7 in March 2013 showing a lower confidence of consumers due to increase in uncertainty.
- Consumer confidence surges. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/29/2014, pA02
The Conference Board's measure of consumer sentiment soared to 94.5 in Oct., the highest since Oct. '07 and well above expectations for a 0.8-point gain to 86.8. Sept. figures were revised up to 89.0. Both gauges rose, with the present situation measure touching 93.7 and the expectations index...
- Consumer optimism drops in October. Jing Fu // Qualified Remodeler;Nov2016, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on The Conference Board Inc.'s Consumer Confidence Index which indicates consumer confidence in the U.S. dropped off in October as more people were less optimistic about their situation and the near-term outlook.
- Consumer Confidence Declines in July. Young, Vicki M. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/27/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 19, p2
Reports on a decline in Consumer Confidence Index results in the U.S. in July 2005 according to the Conference Board. Factors behind the decline; Consumers' outlook for the state of the country's economy; Increase in job opportunities per month.
- Consumer confidence dives. Thomas, Larry // Furniture/Today;12/3/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 13, p58
The article reports that Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index in New York in November 2007 fell to 87.3 which is recorded as the lowest level of the year. The index measures the consumers' assessments of current economic conditions and their expectations for the future. According to Lynn...
- Conference Board Nov. Consumer Confidence Index Drops to 88.7. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;11/25/2014, p10
The article offers information on the release of the Consumer Confidence Index by the business research association Conference Board Inc. on November 25, 2014. It reports that the Consumer Confidence Index decreased to 88.7 in November 2014 from a revised 94.1 in October. According to the board,...
- Consumer confidence takes tumble. // Furniture/Today;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p39
Reports on the decline in the Conference Board's Consumer Confidence Index in the U.S.
- Understanding the Predictors of Consumer Sentiments: Lessons for Inflation Targeting Prospects in Nigeria. Oduh, Moses Onyema; Oduh, Maryann Ogechi; Onyia, Mathew Arinze // Research Journal of Finance & Accounting;
Given the positive link between consumption and consumer confidence, the study attempted to ascertain factors that predict consumer confidence using quarterly data spanning 2009Q2 to 2012Q1. This is with the objective of providing a policy instrument that will fundamentally link consumer...
- Flat retail prices keep people shopping. // DIY Week;11/13/2009, p02
The article focuses on research that examines the effects of inflation as seen in the buying behavior and job permanency of the British people. Synovate's Retail Traffic Index reports that a 1.2 percent increase in non-food shopping was recorded in October 2009. Dr. Tim Denison of Synovate...