Munis, Treasuries Higher in Light Trading
- Munis, Treasuries Lose Ground on Inflation Fears. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;5/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32384, p2
The article reports on the trading activity at the municipal bond market in the U.S. The 10-year note yields increase by seven basis points after the release of the consumer price index, the government's inflation barometer. Capitalists are vigilant to inflation data due to the warning issued by...
- Reports of Rising Inflation and Strong Regional Business Push Yields Higher. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;10/3/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32230, p2
Reports that rising inflation and stronger-than-expected regional business activity have pushed municipal and Treasury yields higher in the U.S. Increase in the core price index for personal consumption expenditures reported by the Department of Commerce; Worry of investors that the Federal Open...
- Investors Seeking Information on Their Gulf Coast Holdings. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32241, p6
Focuses on the status of the municipal holdings, sought by municipal bond investors, in Louisiana and Mississippi. Citations of the bond-related concerns of the investors; Conduction of seminar to address the concerns of investors, organized by Morgan Keegan & Co.; Addition of bond security and...
- Municipals Scattered Lower; $576M Indianapolis Bond Bank Deal Priced. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;4/17/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31367, p2
Reports the performance of municipal bonds in the U.S. Relief felt by investors on the condition of inflation and housing; Price issued by Bear, Stears & Co. on the loan of Indianapolis Local Public Improvement Bond Bank for a waterworks project; Percentage of serial bonds reoffered to investors.
- Munis Expected to Overcome Rate, Headline Risks. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;8/17/2015, p1
Municipal investors shouldn't be preoccupied with fears about inflation, interest rates, or credit quality, according to municipal analysts and managers.
- Municipals Again Drift Downward; Current, Future Supply Looms Large. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;3/26/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31850, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bonds in the U.S. Inflation; Jobless claims; Assessment of municipal bond yields.
- Munis Unchanged as Data Matches Expectations. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;8/16/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32693, p2
The article reports on the unchanged municipal bonds market in New York. It is stated that the municipal bonds in the state has been unchanged since the inflation data has matched the expectations. Information about the developments in trade as reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking...
- Munis Finish Lower as Buyers Retreat Amid New Concerns About Inflation. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/30/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32229, p2
Reports that the municipal bond market finished lower as buyers retreated from the market amid concerns about inflation and new economic issues in the U.S. Loosening of offerings from traders; Cheaper trades reported by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Performance of treasuries after...
- Estimated Cost of Proposed Maryland Highway Rises to $2.1 Billion. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32005, p4
Reports that officials in Maryland estimate that the cost of the proposed 18-mile highway, Intercounty Connector (ICC), has expanded by more than a quarter of the original estimate. Total cost of the proposed highway; Source of fund for the project; Plans of the state and the Maryland...