Galena Bridge Deal Delay?
- FHWA awards $30.1 million Hoover Dam Bridge contract. // Las Vegas Business Press;9/29/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 39, p25
Reports on the multi-million second phase of the Hoover Dam Bypass Bridge project by Edward Kraemer & Sons Inc. of Plain, Wisconsin. Number of working days on the road construction; Value of the first-phase of the project; Expected date on the opening of the bridge.
- Truss Design at Issue. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;12/18/2006, Vol. 257 Issue 24, p1
The article comments on the contract awarded by the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) to Edward Kraemer and Sons Inc. to finish the Galena Creek Bridge, part of the Interstate 580 freeway extension between Reno and Carson City. It cites the actions taken by the NDOT to address the...
- A Bridge's Massive Mission. Illia, Tony // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/28/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 15, p42
The article reports on the near completion of the controversial project related to the Galena Creek Bridge in Nevada. It says that the bridge will be the longest cathedral-arch bridge in the country as it crosses a small creek in a rocky, rural patch of northern Nevada about 20 miles southwest...
- Ford Parkway Bridge. // Construction Bulletin;11/5/2004, Vol. 288 Issue 6, p6
Reports on the rehabilitation work on the bridge linking Minneapolis with Saint Paul in Minnesota. Original structure of the bridge; Minnesota Department of Transportation's hiring of Edward Kraemer and Sons Inc. to restore the bridge to its original structure; Structural engineering description...
- Rib for the eye. Johnson, Christina C. // Roads & Bridges;May2007, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p32
The article discusses the construction of the Troup Howell Bridge in Rochester, New York. Featuring a context-sensitive design and a unique tri-rib arch span, the bridge construction was awarded to Edward Kraemer and Sons Inc. in 2003. Governor George Pataki shares that the $38 million bridge...
- Tom Stephens, Department of Transportation. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p86
Details the projects of the Nevada Department of Transportation. Supervision of the proceeds on roads and highways in the state; Sale of highway improvement revenue bonds; Focus on widening several highways.
- More Bonds for Bay Area Toll Authority. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32444, p1
The article reports on the plan of Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA) to issue government bonds after issuing more than $2 billion debt bonds to finance cost overruns of the bridge that is under construction in San Francisco, California. Brian Mayhew, chief financial officer of BATA, commented on...
- NEW YORK: Tappan Zee's $700M Note. Slavin, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/16/2013, Vol. 385 Issue 33979, p9
The article informs that the New York Thruway Authority will sell a 700 million U.S. dollar bond anticipation note for building a new 3.9 billion U.S dollar Tappan Zee Bridge.
- Becoming less expensive. Zeyher, Alien; Wilson, Bill // Roads & Bridges;Mar2003, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p10
When the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA) first placed bid for the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, it drew very less number of contractors. In December 2001, a single bid came in for the project and was priced at 360 million dollars or 75 percent above estimates. Administration officials...