Otter vs. Brady in November
- Balukoff Sole Democrat Challenging Otter for Idaho Governor. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;12/5/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 34023, p1
The article informs that Boise School Board President A.J. Balukoff on December 3, 2013 declared that he will contest the 2014 Idaho governor election against state's governor Butch Otter. It informs that Balukoff is the Democratic candidate and his election campaign will emphasize condition of...
- DEMS FLOAT GUV CANDIDATE. Hoffman, Nathaniel // Boise Weekly;12/16/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p7
The article reports on the political campaigns of several candidates for the election of Idaho's governor in 2010. Kieth Allred, an academic who has worked to build a bipartisan coalition of policy in the state, has signed on with Idaho Democrats to challenge Governor C. L. Otter. Other...
- KEY PRECINCTS IN ADA, KEY DEMOGRAPHICS IN CANYON. // Boise Weekly;10/27/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p14
The article focuses on the division of politics in Idaho between the Rocky Mountains and the Ada-Canyon country line. It mentions that Democratic challenger Jerry Brady defeated C. L. Otter in Ada Country by 7,000 votes while Otter swamped Brady in Canyon County by more than 10,000 votes....
- Mexico: Opposition Win In Oaxaca. // Emerging Markets Monitor;8/9/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the victory of the opposition party Partido Revolucionario Institucional in the gubernatorial elections in Oaxaca, Mexico on August 1, 2004. Significance of the victory; Claims of Manuel Espina, leader of the ruling Partido de Accion Nacional; Information on the legislation of...
- Gov. race raises concern about minor parties. Gormley, Michael // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 213, p2
The article reports on the consequences of New York's race for governor which threatens the future of the most influential minor parties that provided clear voices for conservatives and liberals.
- Down But Not Out. Hart, Patricia Kilday // Texas Monthly;May2005, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p78
Analyzes the chance of the Democrats in winning the 2006 Texas gubernatorial election. Reasons the Democrats have to appoint a candidate; Top Democratic candidates; Possible scenarios in the gubernatorial election.
- Butch's Battle. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Jun2009, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p11
The author discusses his sentiments on the one-party government in Idaho. He says that to assert that Republicans have a big majority in the legislature is to understate the case. Intractable budget problems can make the most secure majority quarrelsome, however, the state does not have any of...
- More Democrats than Republicans among California's 200-plus governor hopefuls. // Gay & Lesbian Times;8/14/2003, Issue 816, p41
Focuses on the dominance of Democrat candidates in the gubernatorial recall election in California. Failure of the state Democratic Party to discourage challenges to Governor Gray Davis.
- GOP hopes Rust Belt wins redistricting process. Blake, Aaron // Hill;1/27/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p18
The article focuses on the aim of the Republican Party (GOP) for governorships in Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania, while the Democratic Party in Florida and Texas.