Getting to 'Fifth-Worst'
- HAWAII. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;12/1/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on a discussion initiated by the Hawaii Department of Taxation about the reporting of exemptions related to general excise and use tax in 2011.
- HAWAII'S NEXT WAVE. Pak, Minju // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/6/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 32, pM1
The article discusses issues related to the motion picture industry in Hawaii. The industry won a huge victory when Governor Linda Lingle signed what is now known as Act 88 into law on May 10, 2006. The measure establishes a 15% refundable tax credit for production on the island of Oahu and goes...
- Hawaii's Lingle Targets Deficit, Proposes More Restructuring. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33241, p24
The article reports on the proposal of Linda Lingle, governor of Hawaii, to reconstitute the state's debt portfolio as part of the project revision proposal which focused on dealing with a continued decline in tax receipts.
- Tax Credits Pay Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33676, p7
The article reports that companies and individuals in Louisiana cut their state tax credits to about five billion U.S. dollars from 2005 to 2010 through coverage claims under the state's 464 tax credits and exemptions, according to a document issued by Legislative Auditor's Office on March 5, 2012.
- HAWAII: Sunny Outlook. Barkley, Leigh // Sierra;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 93 Issue 5, p83
The article reports on the passage of a legislative bill in Hawaii that requires all single-family homes built in the state after 2009 to use solar water heaters. The lowering of residential electricity bills and reduction in statewide greenhouse-gas emissions resulting from the passage of the...
- Masters Swimming's First Governor. Groth, Lollie // Swim Magazine;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p22
Features Masters swimmer and Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle.
- Banks, Loans, Hurricane Fund To End Furloughs in Hawaii. // Education Week;6/9/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 33, p4
The article discusses the decision by Hawaii Governor Linda Lingle to end the state's school furloughs for the 2010-2011 school year by taking over $50 million from the state's hurricane relief fund and channeling it to the education system.
- Gov. wants to bottle bill. Geiselman, Bruce // Waste News;2/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 22, p3
Reports on the proposal of Hawaii's governor Linda Lingle to the state Legislature to repeal the bottle bill. Expenses involved in the bill; Support of the National Soft Drink Association for Lingle's proposal; Proposal of Lingle to seek state aid for the cleanup programs.
- Civil unions veto prompting talk of Hawaii boycott. // Bay Windows;7/15/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 31, p4
The article offers information on the unrest among the Gay-rights activists due to the Governor of Hawaii, Linda Lingle's veto of legislation to grant civil unions to same-sex couples.