Budget, Tobacco Bills Signed
- Amerada Hess Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p35
The article focuses on the introduction of a bill, to enact a proposal from Governor Frank Murkowski to securitize the proceeds from a lawsuit settlement won by the state, in the Legislature. The bill would set up an entity called the State of Alaska Capital Corp. as a vehicle to issue $350...
- Alaska creates regional solid waste management authorities. // Resource Recycling;Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on the passage of the U.S. house bill 392 that allows communities, particularly in Alaska, to form a regional solid waste management authority that can issue bonds to finance waste management activities. The bill was signed into law by Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski on May...
- Alaska mulls tire tax for state general fund. Fedchenko, Vera // Tire Business;4/28/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p3
The Alaska legislature is proposing taxes on all tires and studded tires sold at retail in the state to generate revenue for its general fund.Governor Frank Murkowski had asked state legislators to pass a bill mandating a $10 fee on studded tires to raise $2 million in revenues to repair roads...
- Of Blowhards And Blowholes. BIRNBAUM, JEFFREY H. // Fortune;8/18/1997, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p44
Describes the provision introduced into the U.S. Senate budget bill by Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski which aids whaling captains. Reaction of some Republicans to the bill; Information on the way the senator is defending the provision; Concerns over whale killings.
- Murkowski bill proposes electricity industry reforms. // Electric Light & Power;Mar2001, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the plans of Alaska Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce a legislative bill for the electricity industry in the United States. Goal of the bill to reduce the dependency of the industry on imported petroleum; Provisions of the bill.
- Alaskan Projects Loom Large. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;5/29/2006, Vol. 256 Issue 21, p14
The article reports that it is boom time in Alaska for construction. Legislators pushed through a funding bill this month that will cover $2.5 billion in capital projects. Awaiting final approval by Governor Frank Murkowsk, expected before the start of the fiscal year in July, the bill will fund...
- Fish Bonds Well Spent. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p33
The article reports on the financing of the Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery in Fairbanks, Alaska. The fish hatchery, which Governor Frank Murkowski held a groundbreaking ceremony for it on August 5, 2006, will be funded with the proceeds of $68 million revenue bonds sold by the state in April....
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p31
Presents news briefs related to the business of bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Appointment of former Senator Frank Murkowski as the governor of Alaska; Decrease in economic growth in California; Selection of Republican Linda Lingle as the governor of Hawaii; Decision...
- Alaska Governor Seeks $178M in Debt, New Taxes for '05. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p4
Focuses on the proposed fiscal budget of Alaska governor Frank Murkowski. Inclusion of bond issuance in the proposal; Amount of the budget; Purpose of the fiscal budget.