It's Official: FLA. Citizens To Issue $3B
- Chicago Deal Priced; Market Awaits Md. Sale. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Shields, Yvette // Bondbuyer.com;7/16/2015, p9
The article discusses that the Chicago's tax exempt portion of billion dollar general obligation bond deals was priced. As mentioned, municipal bond traders were waiting for new issue supply with attention on the state of Maryland's competitive sale and the Louisiana Citizens Property Insurance...
- Florida Insurer Sets $2B. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/28/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33105, p1
The article reports on the decision of Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to price $2 billion or more of fixed-rate, tax-exempt revenue bonds and notes. It states that the notes will be used to provide liquidity for the nonprofit agency's high-risk account and for the upcoming...
- Florida's Citizens Gets OK for $2.5B of Debt. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/11/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33078, p1
The article reports on the approval of the plans of Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to offer sales of up to $2.5 billion of bonds. The debt will be used to provide liquidity if necessary to pay property insurance claims in the hurricane-prone state's highest risk areas. According to...
- Claims Audit Could Spark Legislative Battle. Fineout, Gary // Florida Underwriter;2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p17
The article reports on the possible legislative battle between public adjusters and the insurance industry due to the release of a state audit for insurance claims that raises concerns on the viability of Citizens Property Insurance Corp. and the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund (Cat Fund). It...
- Muni Market Awaits Second Wave of Supply. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;5/21/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34313, p1
Municipal bond traders will be watching for more supply today as two big deals, one each in the negotiated and competitive sector, are set for sale.
- Fla. Citizens To Sell $3B In Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/22/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32386, p1
The article reports on the expectation of Citizens Property Insurance Corp. to issue three billion taxable auction-rate bonds in Florida. It is a state-run agency that offers property and windstorm insurance and has been structuring auction-rate bonds to finance high-risk account claims for the...
- Munis Finish Out the Week on a Very Quiet Note. Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;5/25/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34314, p1
Prices of top-quality municipal bonds finished steady on Friday in an abbreviated trading session as the market went into holiday mode ahead of the full close on Monday for Memorial Day.
- Florida's Cat Fund Exposure Dropping. Fineout, Gary // Florida Underwriter;2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p12
No abstract available.
- Florida's Citizens Issues Largest Cat Bond Ever: $1.5B. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/28/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34099, p1
The article offers information on the deal of catastrophe bond that took place in April 2014 in Florida. It reports that Florida's Citizens Property Insurance Corp. has priced a catastrophe bond deal worth 1.5 billion dollars to protect itself from losses along the state's coast due to...