Soup and Seven Colors
- save this old house. Hughes, Amy R. // This Old House;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p174
This article focuses on an old house in Waukegan, Illinois. Rising above neighboring rooftops in Waukegan, Illinois, a windowed cupola on this 1854 Greek Revival once offered unobstructed views of boat traffic along Lake Michigan's busy trade route between Milwaukee, Wisconsin and Chicago,...
- A silken bond between East and West. Dani, A.H. // UNESCO Courier;Mar89, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p4
Discusses the Silk Road, the routes of trade between China and India in the East and the Roman world to the West. Origins in the early Christian era; First contacts; Conquests of Alexander the Great; Growth of sea-borne trade; China's opening to the West under the Han Dynasty; Expansion of...
- Jaguar meets tiger. Nelms, Douglas W. // Air Transport World;Feb98, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p78
Reports on the expanding of the Latin American/Asian trade route. Statistical information on its growth between 1985 and 1995; Details on two factors which impact on this growth; Information on the growing interest in Asia by Latin American shippers; Comments from Brian Clancy, a principal with...
- Mexico wants its own `Panama Canal'--without US. LaFranchi, Howard // Christian Science Monitor;9/4/96, Vol. 88 Issue 196, p1
Reports on the debate in Mexico on whether to turn the Tehuantepec Isthmus into a major east-west trade and industrial corridor that would rival the Panama Canal. Concerns of many Mexicans that the project could lead a loss of national sovereignty in the 21st century; Plans of constructing an...
- Geo Quest. // Current Events;10/27/2006, Vol. 106 Issue 8, p2
A quiz concerning an African region considered as an ancient trade passageway is presented.
- Kent outlines gateway role. // Planning (14672073);2/5/2010, Issue 1854, p6
The article offers information on the proposals made by consultant planner Sir Terry Farrel on the economic opportunities brought by the transport links in Great Britain.
- Conclusion. Kuchins, Andrew C.; Sanderson, Thomas M. // Northern Distribution Network & Afghanistan: Geopolitical Challe;2010, p31
The article discusses the importance of the establishment of the Northern Distrution Network which will bring the U.S. to the countries involved generating deeper engagement on Afghanistan and improving bilateral ties.
- Bolivia. // CruiseGuide;9/28/2009, p8
The article reports on the significance of The Che route on the economy of Bolivia.
- What's Right on the High Seas. Goerke-Shrode, Sabine // Calliope;Oct2008, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p38
The article explores the significance of the Mediterranean Sea as a major trade route for many civilizations.