Free To Fail
- BBCA Biochemical: Uncertain Prospects. // China Chemical Reporter;5/26/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p24
The article focuses on the prospects of BBCA Biochemical Co. Ltd., the leading agricultural products processing enterprises in China. It states that sale of BBCA Biochemical from its main business was RMB4.8 billion in 2008 showing an increase of 14.93% in 2007, and a net profit of RMB54.27...
- Preface--Venture Capital and Technology: What's Next? Wheatley, Anna Copeland // Economic Review (07321813);2002 4th Quarter, Vol. 87 Issue 4, pi
Examines the impact of venture capital on technological innovation. Common reason for failures in corporate investments; Changes within the venture capital industry; Distinction between entrepreneurial activity and innovation.
- A diverse and personal programme. // Medical Device Technology;Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p39
This article presents the program of an event related to innovation in medical technology. At opening plenary, discussion involved ground-breaking techniques and devices and what the future needs to deliver from the perspective of an eminent cardiologist. During second plenary, the discussion...
- ON A SHORT LEASH? YOUNG ORGANIZATIONS, STRATEGIC CHANGE, AND VENTURE CAPITAL. MARX, MATT // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2008, p1
The article discusses technological innovations and their impact on organizations and industries. It is noted that experimentation is needed to establish technical standardization and to determine optimal marketing strategies. Reasons why some firms fail to adapt to such conditions are...
- Innovation Strategies and Productivity in the Polish Services Sector in the light of CIS 2008. Szczygielski, Krzysztof; Grabowski, Wojciech // CASE Network Studies & Analyses;2012, Issue 448, p1
Industry- and firm-level research into both innovations and productivity has long been limited to manufacturing. With this paper, we aim to contribute to the stream of literature that aims at extending the scope of such investigations to the services industry. To this end we analyze the...
- DECOBOARD WALKS A NEW LINE. Vonasek, Wade // Wood & Wood Products;Mar2007, Vol. 112 Issue 3, p61
The article focuses on the move of Decoboard in using a painted sheet stock technology for its state-of-the-art woodworking finishing line technique in the U.S. The company manufactures a 4-foot by 8-foot painted sheet stock which is sold as a competitive product to melamine. Peter Letellier,...
- SUCCESS AND FAILURE IN INDUSTRIAL INNOVATION. Baker, Michael J.; Hart, Susan J. // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;1993, Vol. 4, p332
Focuses on the basic strategies of firms on cost leadership and differentiation. Significance of technological innovations in economic growth; Enhancement of productivity management; Importance of competitive marketplace time.
- SETTING UP YOUR GOAL SCORERS. Dunn, Kris // Workforce;Jan2015, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p16
The article offers information on strategies to be adopted by leaders in organizations to get their work done efficiently and to increase productivity while meeting their respective goals. The strategies includes influencing the employees to be innovative while achieving targets, limiting number...
- Rick's Tips Of the Year. Duris, Rick // Frontline Solutions;Dec2001, Vol. 2 Issue 13, p40
Provides a guideline for technology implementation. Innovation to produce effective results; Importance of strategic planning; Initiative to structure the phases of the project.