A Shocking Defense
- Stunning news for miscreants. // Engineer (00137758);4/18/2003, Vol. 291 Issue 7625, p5
No abstract available.
- Taser guns 'raised deaths in custody'. // New Scientist;1/31/2009, Vol. 201 Issue 2693, p17
The article reports on the results of a survey which indicate that sudden deaths among people held by police in California increased sixfold in the first year after police departments there began using Taser stun guns. The researchers compared death rates in custody in the five years before and...
- New Taser Designed For Wildlife Control. Sutton, Keith // Cabela's Outfitter Journal;Aug2011, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p9
The article informs that a three-shot, semi-automatic stun gun called the Taser Wildlife Electronic Control Device (ECD) has been unveiled by Taser International of Scottsdale, Arizona, to incapacitate large animals such as bears, moose and deer.
- Taser weapons sales heat up. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/11/2014, pA02
After announcing a group of orders for its Axon body-worn cameras earlier this month,
- Taser deaths to be investigated. // New Scientist;6/24/2006, Vol. 190 Issue 2557, p29
This article reports that the U.S. government has launched an investigation into the 184 deaths that have occurred following police use of stun weapons like the Taser. The National Institute of Justice, the research arm of the U.S. Department of Justice, will initially focus on 30 deaths and...
- Stunning debut. // India Today;11/9/2009, p8
The article reports on the decision of the Punjab Police in India to acquire the hand-held electro-shock device Taser. It is said that Indian policemen previously beat or shoot violent or fleeing suspects. It adds that the device is a safer alternative to control such suspects and mobs. The...
- STUNNING REVELATIONS. Talvi, Silja // Investigate;Jan2007, Vol. 7 Issue 72, p40
This article talks about deaths from stun-guns from Taser International Inc. According to the author, law enforcement officials use stun guns to subdue prisoners, drug addicts, the mentally ill and passive resisters. He said although the company denies it, Taser-associated deaths are definitely...
- BAN TASERS NOW. Harrison, Stu // Green Left Weekly;6/24/2009, Issue 799, p24
The article focuses on the risk for police brutality poses by supply of taser for Queensland Police Service (QPS). It states that the risk of police brutality was suggested after a reported death for people who was tasered. However, taser's producer Taser International Inc. and state's police...
- Don't mess with the shock-bot. // New Scientist;7/7/2007, Vol. 194 Issue 2611, p23
This article discusses how a move to arm police robots with stun guns has been condemned by weapons researchers. On June 28, 2007 Taser International of Arizona announced plans to equip robots with stun guns. Opponents believe that victims could receive shocks for extended periods of time,...