Wall Street's Asia Hand
- Goldman Sachs Elevates Sales Trading Role. Scotti, Michael // Traders Magazine;Aug2005, Vol. 18 Issue 243, p24
Reports on the reorganization of the stock trading group of Goldman Sachs and Co. Dismissal of 30 stockbrokers; Expansion of sales traders' responsibilities.
- Goldman Barring Execs from Boards. // American Banker;10/29/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 208, p20
States that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. will prevent managing directors from serving on public company boards, a policy that led to the resignation of Robert Hormats as director of Human Genome Sciences Inc.
- CHINA: Consensus Forecasts. // Asia Monitor: China & North East Asia Monitor;Aug2004, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p5
BMI Inc.'s poll of the International Monetary Fund, the Asian Development Bank and five top investment banks produces a GDP growth forecast of 8.7%. Goldman Sachs & Co. is the most optimistic, forecasting growth of 9.7% in 2004. The Chinese government is desperate to slow growth in the economy,...
- SEC Auction Probe Raises Questions. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/25/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31913, p1
Reports that the United States Securities and Exchange Commission has been investigating broker-dealer's passing on information to other firms that could allow them to submit winning bids for auction-rate securities. Questions on whether a broker-dealer's bid on a deal it has underwritten could...
- Gekko's Gurus. Hormats, Robert D. // National Review;2/6/1995, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p32
This section presents a quotation from Goldman Sachs executive Robert D. Hormats regarding the importance of consumers to the developments in a communist country.
- Growth Good In Brazil. // Emerging Markets Monitor;6/7/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p8
Reports on the growth rate for Brazil's economy, announced by the Banco Central do Brasil as of June 7, 2004. Bases of the forecasted annual growth; Analysis of Goldman Sachs regarding the country's regulatory framework and climate for private investment; Influence of the Brazilian real on economy.
- US to tighten grip. // BRW;11/20/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p31
Focuses on the economic forecast on various developed countries. Economic development in the U.S.; List of countries in the G6 group; Projections of Goldman Sachs & Co.
- Goldman Sachs Bolsters Options Algorithms. Kissi, Dawn // Securities Industry News;1/21/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p16
The article reports on the introduction by Goldman Sachs of two options algorithms, lceberg and Delta Adjusted, that aim to improve the ability of stock traders to work an order over time while continuing to react quickly when trade conditions are met. The algorithms are available on the...
- Goldman Extends Equities Trading Platform to Spain. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;03/12/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports that the Goldman Sachs has signed an agreement with the Madrid Stock Exchange to connect its PrimeAccess platform for on-line retail equities brokers to the exchange's Visual Trader order routing system. Goldman's sale of its PrimeAccess proprietary platform to Spain's online brokers...