S&P Positive on Hospital
- WALL ST./FINANCE. // MondayMorning;5/9/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p3
The article reports that the stock indexes in the U.S. climbed up on May 6, 2011 amid reports of good job growth. The S&P 500 Index increased by 0.4% and the Dow rose by 2.43%. However, the euro and commodities declined as investors were worried about the possibility of debt restructuring by Greece.
- PENSIONS & INVESTMENTS' INDEXES. // Pensions & Investments;9/1/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p8
Presents information on changes in the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index, the Russell 3000 stock index of the financial planning company, Frank Russell Co., the Morgan Stanley Capital International Europe Australasia Far East index, the J.P. Morgan Non-U.S. Government bond index, and the...
- The validity and time-horizon of the Fed model for equity valuation: a co-integration approach. Mercier, Fabien // Journal of Banking & Financial Economics;2015, Issue 1, p24
Investors do arbitrage between bonds and stocks. The so-called "Fed model" asserts that comparing the level of the earnings yields of stocks to the nominal government bond yields is relevant when assessing the relative values of the two asset classes, and their prospective returns. A conceptual...
- S&P: Declines Return to U.S. Corporate Bonds. Fest, Glen // High Yield Report;10/13/2014, p1
Both investment-grade and speculative-grade bonds saw broad losses in September following positive returns in August, according to a report issued Monday by Standard & Poor's Global Fixed Income unit.
- New highs within reach. // Dow Theory Forecasts;2/21/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p3
Analyzes the stock market performance in the United States. Dow Jones Industrials; Standard & Poor's 500 Index; Recommended cash position.
- Emergency Levy's Success. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/24/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p35
The article reports that the outlook of Standard & Poor on Southeast Local School District's general obligation rating was revised from negative based to stable on its passage of an 8.9 million emergency levy. In May 2006, the district got approval of the emergency levy. The district avoided...
- HAPPY NEW YEAR: YOUR BEST INVESTMENT STRAGEGY FOR 1993. Kuhn, Susan E.; Neumeier, Shelley; Sheeline, William E. // Fortune;1/11/1993, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p25
Discusses the investment strategies for the major markets. Reference to the Standard & Poor's stock range; View of Gregory Nie, a technical analyst with Kemper Securities, that stocks could face a difficult first half; Information that any technology and financial services companies, especially...
- Big S&P 500 picture remains. // Finweek;6/23/2011, p18
The article presents two charts including one depicting the S&P stock market index and another comparing how investing in Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) industrial stocks will have performed as opposed to investing in JSE financial stocks over the long term.
- S&P 500 INDEX. // Dow Theory Forecasts;10/18/2004, Vol. 60 Issue 42, p3
Compares Standard & Poor's 500 Index results in the United States from January to September 2004.