Blagojevich Signs Budget
- AG Calls Mortgage Deal Unconstitutional. // Bond Buyer;6/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31898, p1
Reports that the Illinois attorney general announced in June 2004 that Governor Rod Blagojevich's plan to mortgage the state's downtown Chicago office building to raise $200 million for the budget violates the state constitution because it constitutes state debt and required a three-fifths...
- Illinois Governor Sets $49B Operating Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p1
The article reports on the move taken by Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich in unveiling a $49.1 billion operating budget for fiscal year 2008. Accordingly, the budget relies on $16 billion of new general obligation debt, $10 billion of which is from the privatization of the lottery, while $2.6...
- Chicago Watchdogs Blast Governor's Proposed Cuts to Pension Payments. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/4/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31876, p4
Reports on the reaction of the civic watchdog group Civic Federation of Chicago, on the refusal of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich to use income tax increase to help balance the proposed 54 billion dollars fiscal 2005 budget in Illinois. Opposition of the group on Blagojevichs' plan to trim...
- No No-Growth Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p31
Reports that with budget negotiations in their final week, Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich has rejected a proposal from some lawmakers to support a no-growth fiscal 2005 budget. Proposal to limit spending in the fiscal 2005 budget to the same levels in the fiscal 2004 budget.
- Pension Liabilities Creak in the Fiscal Attic. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32094, Special section p36
Reports on the impact of pension liability on Illinois' budget. Coverage of the state's five pension systems; Proposal of Governor Rod Blagojevich to stabilize the situation; Amount of proposed budget for schools.
- Group Blasts Illinois Budget Plan, Urges Rejection of New Tax, GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/8/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32624, p36
The article reports on the issues concerning the inability of Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's proposed $49 billion operating budget for fiscal 2008 to afford a major expansion on health care. According to the report, a government watchdog group has warned that the state cannot afford a major...
- Blagojevich unveils '09 budget. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/25/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p12
The article reports that Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich has introduced a 2009 budget that calls for increasing general spending by 3.9 percent to $49.7 billion and includes proposals to raise casino taxes. It also includes proposals to privatize the lottery and impose a business taxations to...
- New Task Force to Probe Illinois Agencies. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/27/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31522, p3
Reports that Illinois Governor-elect Rod Blagojevich has constituted an advisory group on November 26, 2002 to review 350 boards and agencies as a part of reforms in financial sector. Members of the group; Impact of the review on the state's bonding authorities; Previous attempt by Illinois...
- Top Illinois Democrats May Miss National Convention as Budget Impasse Persists. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p5
Reports on the disagreement between Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich and state lawmakers over the fiscal 2005 budget. Areas of disagreement in the budget; Tentative budget agreement reached by the Blagojevich's administration and lawmakers; Factors complicating budget negotiations.